Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have high blood pressure or pre high blood pressure? Or a nurse?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I just need to put my mind at ease. I've had a dull headache for a month now. I took my blood pressure tonight at home with an electric monitor.

It was 139/98 obviously not great and I think it's causing my headache. I've never suffered from headaches in my life so this is unusual for me.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meaganmac
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM
It could go either way. The high blood pressure could be causing the headaches, or the pain of the headaches could cause your blood pressure to go up. Or the 2 could be unrelated. You definitely need to see a doctor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chrissyk3
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:47 AM
The nurse where i work says that high blood pressure can cause a headache. You would need to go to your family doctor though to find out for sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I didn't even think of the headache effecting my blood pressure! Good point. Although I am overweight my Bp has up until recently been good. But guess things can turn on you at any point!
And yes I planned on calling my dr tomorrow. Just can't sleep. :) thanks

Quoting meaganmac:

It could go either way. The high blood pressure could be causing the headaches, or the pain of the headaches could cause your blood pressure to go up. Or the 2 could be unrelated. You definitely need to see a doctor.

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Pretty much agree with this.

Also do you wear glasses? When was the last time you had your eyes checked?

After you make the appt with your doctor. Take your b/p 2-3 times a day and keep it all written down. That way your doctor can see what your running. Make sure you write down the times that you are taking your b/p too.

Quoting meaganmac:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Thanks!! I should have added in the op I plan on calling my dr for an appointment tomorrow. Just couldn't sleep. :)

Quoting chrissyk3:

The nurse where i work says that high blood pressure can cause a headache. You would need to go to your family doctor though to find out for sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Yes I do wear glasses for astigmatism. But my headache is there regardless if I wear them all day half day not at all etc.

I will definitely be keeping track after I call for an appointment tomorrow. Took a pic with my phone tonight of the read out just in case for the dr.

Quoting annas_momma:

After you make the appt with your doctor. Take your b/p 2-3 times a day and keep it all written down. That way your doctor can see what your running. Make sure you write down the times that you are taking your b/p too.

Quoting meaganmac:

me-n-mygirls
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM
I have low blood pressure.....numbers never over 100.
which seems to be the cause of mine. I am still in the process of figuring it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:53 AM
UHG that sucks!! So you get the headache from too low? That's weird! Hope you get relief soon!

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

which seems to be the cause of mine. I am still in the process of figuring it out.

skymama10
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too. I'm usually about 86/60.

Quoting me-n-mygirls:

annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM
If it has been more than 6 months-1 year from your last eye appointment you could also be suffering from eye strain. After you see your doctor for the b/p and headaches, I also recommend setting up an eye exam to get that checked out.

(That's what was causing all of my headaches and very slightly elevated b/p).

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I do wear glasses for astigmatism. But my headache is there regardless if I wear them all day half day not at all etc.

I will definitely be keeping track after I call for an appointment tomorrow. Took a pic with my phone tonight of the read out just in case for the dr.

Quoting annas_momma:

Quoting meaganmac:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN