Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

gave all my baby stuff away

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:07 AM
  • 24 Replies
To my bff. It's hard to admit I'm most likely done having babies but dh doesn't want anymore and I hate pregnancy. I also had two c sections but recovery was super easy from those. I'm 30 and have a 4 yr old boy and 13 month old girl. I work full time and wouldn't have it any other way although I was recently not considered for a promotion because I cannot have open availability until mid April when my parents get back from being snowbirds in FL since they are my primary baby sitters. They are cheaper than daycare and I trust them more than anyone else with my kids. Anyways back to the point. I have baby fever but realize if we keep having kids I'm never going to get ahead in my career. Also my parents say they won't watch my kids if I have a third an dh doesn't want anymore. Some days I want more kids and other I'm so good with 2. I don't have my tubes tied and dh hasn't had a vasectomy. Also if I had a third I wouldn't want one for about 3 yrs and I'm not sure if I'd want to start over again then. Basically if it happened I'd be happy but it's def not the plan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Liz_Rocket
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:11 AM

I kept all my baby clothes. I'd cry every time I tried to give them away, so i decided to keep them and make quilts out of them for the kids when they get older.

SoInLove515
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:13 AM
What a great idea! I really want to learn how to make quilts. (never sewed in my life)

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

I kept all my baby clothes. I'd cry every time I tried to give them away, so i decided to keep them and make quilts out of them for the kids when they get older.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mylilsunshine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Dh got a vasectomy while I was pregnant w/ baby #3 (10 months old now). I have a box full of out grown baby clothes to give to my bff's new born but can't seem to part w/ it so quickly. I guess because I know we are done having kids. I know I don't want anymore but I guess I just want this stage to last a tad bit longer, lol. Anyways I hated being pregnant and I'm eager to return to the work enviroment.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:16 AM
When I fond out I was having a girl I traded all the boy stuff for girl stuff with a friend. Then gave a bunch of girl clothes away this summer to my cousin. Just gave bug stuff like the swing exersaucer and bouncer to my bff who is due next month. She doesn't want to know what she's having so if she has a girl I'll have more for her. If she has a boy she's SOL cuz the boy stuff is long gone. I told her when I got preg with the 2nd if she got preg by the time i had my 2nd I'd keep it all for her but she didn't. I don't have the room for all the boxes so I want it gone.

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I hate clutter. I just want it gone. She has a girl and she's getting more stuff. She has a boy and I'm donating everything.

Quoting mylilsunshine:

Dh got a vasectomy while I was pregnant w/ baby #3 (10 months old now). I have a box full of out grown baby clothes to give to my bff's new born but can't seem to part w/ it so quickly. I guess because I know we are done having kids. I know I don't want anymore but I guess I just want this stage to last a tad bit longer, lol. Anyways I hated being pregnant and I'm eager to return to the work enviroment.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liz_Rocket
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Thats okay, mama. I have serious emotional attachment issues to my kids' baby stuff. Think there's something wrong with me, it drives my husband crazy. I have BOXES of stuff he'd love to see gone!

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

When I fond out I was having a girl I traded all the boy stuff for girl stuff with a friend. Then gave a bunch of girl clothes away this summer to my cousin. Just gave bug stuff like the swing exersaucer and bouncer to my bff who is due next month. She doesn't want to know what she's having so if she has a girl I'll have more for her. If she has a boy she's SOL cuz the boy stuff is long gone. I told her when I got preg with the 2nd if she got preg by the time i had my 2nd I'd keep it all for her but she didn't. I don't have the room for all the boxes so I want it gone.

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:21 AM

When I had dd1 I gave a way all of her baby clothes as she outgrew them, well except the two that meant the most to us, and I wound up pregnant 8 months after she was born. -.- (I fucked up on my bc).

I have the mirena now, and it seems silly, but I'm terrified to give them away. It would be my luck I get pregnant, LOL.

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Maybe so. My dh was conceived when his mom had an iud. Fils brilliant idea was to save money and take maternity coverage off their ins too cuz she had an iud So their ins covered NOTHING for dhs birth. MIL made payments on that Bill til Dh was 5. She used to tell dh she could take him back at anytime since he wasn't completely paid for lol

Quoting armywife009:

When I had dd1 I gave a way all of her baby clothes as she outgrew them, well except the two that meant the most to us, and I wound up pregnant 8 months after she was born. -.- (I fucked up on my bc).

I have the mirena now, and it seems silly, but I'm terrified to give them away. It would be my luck I get pregnant, LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Bahaha, that's terrible. :P

I think I would have a heart attack if I found out I was pregnant right now.

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Maybe so. My dh was conceived when his mom had an iud. Fils brilliant idea was to save money and take maternity coverage off their ins too cuz she had an iud So their ins covered NOTHING for dhs birth. MIL made payments on that Bill til Dh was 5. She used to tell dh she could take him back at anytime since he wasn't completely paid for lol

Quoting armywife009:

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I just don't have the room for them and I hate keeping things I don't need. I still have stuff at my parents house that I never took when I moved out cuz I don't have room.

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

Thats okay, mama. I have serious emotional attachment issues to my kids' baby stuff. Think there's something wrong with me, it drives my husband crazy. I have BOXES of stuff he'd love to see gone!

Quoting calvinsmommy18:

Quoting Liz_Rocket:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)