Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sinus Tachycardia

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 7 Replies
Was diagnosed with this a couple weeks ago. Google doesn't seem to know what the hell it is. Any info or experiences are welcome. Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
20Keller12
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:30 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:31 AM

What was your heart rate when they diagnosed you with this? It isn't usually a specific diagnosis it is usually a n symptom of some,thing else

20Keller12
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:34 AM
Resting is around 60. Didn't say what they caught it at when it was high. I had an event monitor for a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

What was your heart rate when they diagnosed you with this? It isn't usually a specific diagnosis it is usually a n symptom of some,thing else

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Hmmm resting at 60 is completely normal. Tachycardia is above 100. 

Quoting 20Keller12:

Resting is around 60. Didn't say what they caught it at when it was high. I had an event monitor for a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

20Keller12
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Oh I know that, and I know it sped way the hell up randomly. I'm just saying that when my heart behaves, resting rate is approximately 60.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmmm resting at 60 is completely normal. Tachycardia is above 100. 

Quoting 20Keller12:

Quoting Anonymous:

20Keller12
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Bump
darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Sinus Tachycardia can be normal.. the sinus part means the electrical activity is starting where it should and teh tachy is just fast... but 101 would put you in sinus tach which could be caused by being anxious, excerice, movement, ect.

you need to ask your cardiologist what is really means becasue without seeing your strip, there is no advice really that anyone can give.. sinus tachycardia is like a blanket term

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)