Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Had no Chapstick so I used nipple cream

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this
Lanolin that is and it actually works awesome. It doesn't have that soothing sensation of Chapstick but it heals them awesomely. I'm sure if I put some menthol on my lips that would cause the cooling sensation.
I was looking everywhere for Chapstick but couldn't find any but then I saw my nipple cream. I'm like well it does heal sore and cracked nipples why not lips? I decided I better look it up firt but apparently its actually a common thing to do lol. Some people swear by it. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DevinAnnesmom
by Sarah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I've done it many times. If you read the back label it actually says that one of the uses is for dry, chapped lips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I dont use lanolin based stuff anymore but I used to do that lol I recall being so amazed too :p
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:47 AM
I actually did that first but mine doesn't say anything about that just talks about nipples.

Quoting DevinAnnesmom:

I've done it many times. If you read the back label it actually says that one of the uses is for dry, chapped lips.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:50 AM
I used nipple butter on my butt lol. I had chafing from those huge pads after I had dd and I was desperate. It worked awesome haha.
ardiaxe
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:56 AM
I love nipple cream, I use it for my daughters exzema, for our chapped lips, diaper rash, everything!
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I'm glad I still have a lot of lanolin - I'm going to try this on my son who CONSTANTLY licks his lips and around them in the winter.. And the dry cold air makes him look like a clown

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:59 AM

It's the best for my daughter. I put that on her sore, cracked lips and by the next day they are all better.

tarakay0417
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:59 AM
1 mom liked this
It does work. I like it better than chap stick.
morriganna
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I miss the cherry flavor and slight tint but yeah the lanolin us an awesome moisturizer.  I swear it even plumps them up a little. lol

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:58 AM
I've done that in the middle of the night when I'm too lazy to find actual Chapstick lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)