Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

should i feel mad at my mother in law?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

My  mother in law said she wants to come and visit us and the baby  on my husband’s birthday ,so me and my husband stay at home waiting for them(she might come with other family members) until 5 pm that day.At around 2 pm ,I asked my husband what time will his mom come ?Because i need to go to the grocery store, and the store closed very soon every night.  He said I don’t know. Fine, I just wait there. Then my husband took a nap until 3:30pm,then take a shower ,I am doing my own things, and still thinking about when will they  come?about  4 or 5 pm, my husband go out from the bedroom and tell me he get his mom’s message  his mom won’t come because she felt sick and dizzy ,before that she  fight with her family members like before,and he said she feel sorry about can not come over.i can understand she feel sick and can not come ,but should she tell us earlier? I ask my husband why she not tell us earlier,he said he think his mom try to call and tell that she is not going to come but he didn’t pick up the phone ,he was sleeping.(I don’t really check my husband’s phone often,but after that I checked his phone,it shows no phone call from his mom in that day) then my husband said he doesn’t want to go to grocery store at night time anyway,so maybe we just go tomorrow.  After that,we fight for other things ,then my husband say sorry to me that he haven’t a good mood, because his family is fucked up,his mum didn't sent a text message earlier,also he worry about his jobs,all these thting smake him frustrated.But I still feel uncomfortable and unhappy ,even feel mad,but who should I feel mad to ? when I think about can not go to grocery today  and buy what I want ( I haven’t driver license),I feel like I waste a day for nothing,and i also feel like my husband don't even had a bad words about what his mom did,I feel very frustrated. My mother in law is a pretty nice person,but about this thing,should I feel mad at her not tell us earlier that she won’t come ?should I feel mad at my husband  to say his mom try to call before but she didn’t? hmmm,so frustrate.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:57 AM

I'm sorry, this is hard to read. It's just a big block of text and your English isn't that great.

Yes, she probably should have called earlier.

MooBaaLaLaLa80
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:00 AM

This. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry, this is hard to read. It's just a big block of text and your English isn't that great.

Yes, she probably should have called earlier.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
No, hon. I don't think you should feel mad if you can help it. Your husband even said he didn't answer the phone and maybe she waited to call until she was sure it wasn't going to work for her to come-- maybe all day she was hoping it would happen and then she realized it wouldn't :( you should say, "I'm sorry you couldn't come, we were excited to see you." And then see what she says. She was probably upset it didn't it work out. It sounds like hubby has a lot on his mind and didn't want to go shopping anyway. Those things can be annoying, but life is too short to be mad about the little things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:04 AM
Meh I'm angry at my mil and I'm not sure it's justified so I don't judge.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:05 AM

People get sick. Maybe she took a nap to see if she was going to feel better. Get over it. It sounds like you just want something to be pissed off about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 10:44 PM
i can understand she feel sick,but....i read her message to my husband on that day,she just said she feel bad she can not come for his birthday,didnt't mention anything about me and the baby ,is it normal? Does that mean our time is not important?hmmm....i feel frustrated....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)