Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh...you know that one person that even the sound of their voice makes you want to claw your eyes out? Yeah....he's staying with us

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

My dh's friend is staying with us for a while (a month in already ugh) and I always thought he was cool. But now that he's living with us, just the sound of him coming down the steps makes me want to run and hide!!! Everything about him gets on my flippin nerves!!! I'm upstairs and he's so damn loud and "hey listen I got something to say" that I can litereally hear him upstairs. It sounds like he's yelling but that's just how he talks. It gets on my freaking nerves. He's a know it all and I can't stand having a convo with him. When I do, he always saying "Yeah? " implying "Yeah DUH I already knew that, why didn't you damn" I can never finish a whole sentance because he's already finished it before me and goes on and on on how he knew it and how he can't believe I didn't know it.  He thinks he just so freaking smart because he can literally recite every quote from every movie. So EVERY FREAKING DAY I have to listen to his damn quotes and hear him laugh at himself, or what him stare at me til I acknowledge the fact that he just said a movie quote!! Ugh..I hate pretending to like someone and constantly having to half heartingly laugh at things that I don't find funny at all. I literally wanna smack him and say dude, stfu!! Your not smart if you were , you wouldn't have chosen boozes over your job and got kicked out of the army and lost your license and got a ton of DUI's...

Not to mention he's putting a strain on me and Dh's relationship because I'm always irritated because I'm home alllllllllllllllll damn day long with this dude and always find myself running up to my room just to get the hell away from him. I shouldn't have to do that in my own house!!! Me and dh never have a time alone anymore, he's constantly up our asses or wants to go places when we go somewhere. Ugh...but the problem is I'm to much of a nice person to say anything. 

He's still here bc he's waiting on his court date to finish so he can pay whatever fine and then leave. But they keep fucking dragging it out!! For the love of pete just set a damn date already!!! Sheesh. He had a court date monday, but his lawyer said they think he can win the case so they rescheduled...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......and ANNNNDDD...his damn loud mouth girlfriend comes over all the time...and the two of them drive me absolutly bonkers. With both of them here you would think were having a party because they yell (talk ) to each other.  And she is such a me me me lets talk about me me me person, that I end up spending so much time listening to her and doing nothing but nodding my head and saying " damn that sucks" ugh...I wish I could just say what I'm thinking sometimes to them. 

She also has a bike that she works on over here because we have a garage and tools, well everytime she's done it's a mess and she's got paint EVERYWHERE...and somehow tons of her stuff has accumulated in my house...but not in this guys room that we let him stay in....but in my freaking living room...REALLY??? Put that shit in your room...ugh....And DON'T even get me started on cleaning after 2 EXTRA freaking adults...ugh....Ok...vent over...and yes I know I need to say something, but I don't know what without coming off as a bitch. Bc this dude seriously has no where else to go....

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:02 AM
Too long. Sorry. You hate your DH's friend. That's all I read.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Why doesn't your dh say anything to him ??
jaylinsmom1
by Shannon on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:07 AM

I read most of it..I know SO MANY ppl like this...I LOL'ed at the "he stares at me til I acknowledge that he said" lmao i know how you feel...just keep telling yourself there is an end and he cant be there forever :) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Why isn't he starting with his girlfriend?
BelleVernonGirl
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I totally understand this...I have a "friend" that comes in from out of state and shes a "me me me" person to...Now she lived here for 40 years...she comes home and acts like she's never been here...It's always "well I don't live her anymore"  Um..don't act like you don't know directions...You lived here for 40 fucking years...now you can't find Walmart?  It sounds stupid but it's over and over again just for attention...Ugh!  Never mind...I'm babbling!

Christey
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:10 AM

wow. I don't know how you put up with it!  It would drive me nuts after one DAY!

Hope they get out of your hair ASAP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:10 AM
So tell your dh that you can't take it any more or kick him out or you can leave for a while but be sure to tell your dh why you are to see if that lights a fire under his butt to get him out.
Tinabee88
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:13 AM

My husband has one rule: no friends or family can live with us. Well my rule is if the person doesn't annoy the hell out of me they can stay, but I need them to pay rent or put food in our refrigerator if they're here more than a week.

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM

I would tell him  to clean up after his girlfriend or a hire a maid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM

lol..right..It's so annoying and I am, that's the only thing getting me through this right now haha. 

Quoting jaylinsmom1:

I read most of it..I know SO MANY ppl like this...I LOL'ed at the "he stares at me til I acknowledge that he said" lmao i know how you feel...just keep telling yourself there is an end and he cant be there forever :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)