Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Having Fibromyalgia makes me a bad mom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I have fibro and have two kids.6 and 3 1/2.I feel like I'm letting them down :( I have a hard time staying on top of the house work.I think they deserve a clean home but between taking care of them and doing the basic laundry,dishes(no dishwasher) bathes every night,cooking it's hard to do anything else like mop,dust,deeper cleaning.My poor hubs works hard but his chosen field does not make a lot of money although it's very respectable.He works his butt off to take care of us but money is tight and I can't work.I take my kids to the park when it's warm but I hate having to sit and just watch them play.I hate us having to miss church bc mommy hurts too bad.I hate having to nap alot.I hate letting my kids watch a lot of tv so I can rest.I love my kids and make sure they know it.I'm afraid they will grow up lazy because they don't see mommy do much or that they will resent me.We haven't been getting out much because a foot of snow and cold makes it hard on me.I feel like a failure.I wish my kids had a better mom :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meagan0716
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:20 AM
You are not a bad mother. I have tons of friends with fibro. Pm if you need to talk.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:28 AM
It's just frustrating.No one besides dh and my kids know how bad it is.I'm 25 act normal look normal but on the inside I'm dying of pain or someone sees me on a great day(few and far between) and thinks I'm nuts.I wish I could work to help out too :( We get fs to help out $150 a month and I feel so embarassed.I'm used to helping others not being helped.

Quoting meagan0716:

You are not a bad mother. I have tons of friends with fibro. Pm if you need to talk.

MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I have fibro too.. among other things, and I struggle with these things as well. It doesn't make you a bad mom. You can only do the best you can do.

I know your husband works, but does he help you out some? I know it's hard to ask for help, I used to feel guilty about it a lot, but in the end, it's part of the deal when you have an issue with this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM
My hubs is good about helping when he is here but he works long hrs to keep us afloat.My kids are well behaved luckily so they listen and do what they are supposed to.Sorry not making alot,of sense it's almost 3 here.I'n tired.

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

I have fibro too.. among other things, and I struggle with these things as well. It doesn't make you a bad mom. You can only do the best you can do.

I know your husband works, but does he help you out some? I know it's hard to ask for help, I used to feel guilty about it a lot, but in the end, it's part of the deal when you have an issue with this.

MizzDeeDee
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:44 AM

No, no.. you're fine. It's almost 3 here too.

You can't feel guilty about what you can't help. Just do the best you can. That's all you can do.

Quoting Anonymous:

My hubs is good about helping when he is here but he works long hrs to keep us afloat.My kids are well behaved luckily so they listen and do what they are supposed to.Sorry not making alot,of sense it's almost 3 here.I'n tired.

Quoting MizzDeeDee:

2manydiapers
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:52 AM
I have Multiple sclerosis, epilepsy and have had a stroke. I'm 25, I'll be 26 on the 25th of this month.

I've been told I'm a bad mom on here for even having kids, & even had an Xsil say I shouldn't have kids.

I have 3 boys, 4, 2, and 1. So ya I have some challenge day to day. But I'm a great mom.

I'm sure you are too, so just push through it. Remember when your kids are grown, they'll see how hard you pushed for them. Which will make them stronger.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:55 AM

Momma,you are a Great mother! Your children love you no matter what and as little as they are they are big enough to pick up they toys and help with some other things. They can put clothes in the washer and dryer and take them out and place in a laundry basket with you right there to supervise. Just say can you find all the dark blue cothes and put them in the washer(or red or green or white or whatever color needs to be washed next) this will also help them with learning their colors. They are old enough to learn to fold some of the simple things like wash clothes,towels,etc...they won't be perfect but,that's ok. The six year old is big enough to clear the dishes from the table(and set it) and scrape the leftover food into the wastebasket and even wash the non breakable dishes. They are big enough to put their toys away too. I have fibro too,so if you want I will listen and try to help too.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:58 AM
You sound like a wonderful mom. Moms with conditions like that have a chance to raise children who are considerate and tolerant of other people's needs and situations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:58 AM

504?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:59 AM
My kids clean their rooms but that is it.I don't make them do anymore.My parents made me,and my siblings slaves so it's hard to have them do things and not feel like I'm taking advantage.My dd will get her and ds drinks if needed and turn on lights for her etc...

Quoting cjsix:

Momma,you are a Great mother! Your children love you no matter what and as little as they are they are big enough to pick up they toys and help with some other things. They can put clothes in the washer and dryer and take them out and place in a laundry basket with you right there to supervise. Just say can you find all the dark blue cothes and put them in the washer(or red or green or white or whatever color needs to be washed next) this will also help them with learning their colors. They are old enough to learn to fold some of the simple things like wash clothes,towels,etc...they won't be perfect but,that's ok. The six year old is big enough to clear the dishes from the table(and set it) and scrape the leftover food into the wastebasket and even wash the non breakable dishes. They are big enough to put their toys away too. I have fibro too,so if you want I will listen and try to help too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN