Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a funeral to go to Monday how can I ask my teacher to let me miss class?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:32 AM
  • 20 Replies

I have this accounting teacher. He is a great guy. At first I didnt think so but I kept on with his class and really enjoy it. This teacher has a policy we cannot miss class for anything. I have to go to a funeral Monday and I have to get my kids ready. It was my father in law whom died. I want to dress my kids and make them look good. How would I ask this teacher to let me makeup my homework? If you dont know please bump.

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Tell him you have a funeral to attend & won't be able to attend class. If he becomes an ass about it, tell him to get bent.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NerdyMamaofOne
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't ask. You are a grown ass woman. You email him and tell him "I wanted to make you aware that my father in law passed away on ----. I will not be able to attend class on ---, as I will be attending his funeral. If there is any work that I can make up, please let me know. Thank you, ----".

Mayble he will let you make up the work. If not, one day isn't going to fail you and in the end your fil's funeral is more important. Also, you could try speaking with the dean about the instructors attendance policy, but it probably won't get you anywhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:40 AM
Whom died??? And you're supposedly in college?
paganmommy4
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:40 AM

You can be excused for a death in the family. 

Tinabee88
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Let your teacher know now and if there's a problem go over his head to the principal/Dean of Student Services. As long as you can provide proof that you were at a funeral there shouldn't be a problem. It's not like you had a say in the time and date of the funeral. Sorry for your loss.

bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:41 AM

This.... to have a policy that there is no reason to miss class is not realistic.  Life does happen.

Quoting JBiiirdD:

Tell him you have a funeral to attend & won't be able to attend class. If he becomes an ass about it, tell him to get bent.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:41 AM

just ask him, I am sure there is some level of reasoning with him

JBiiirdD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Ohhh shut up, Anon. Geez.

Quoting Anonymous:

casseopeia
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Go to your teacher with a solution.  Ask someone in class to get you the homework, then tell the instructor 'darryl' will be getting the assignment for me so I can atend my FIL's funeral.  Don't say you want to leave early to get the kids ready.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Don't you think she's got enough going on? Quit being a bitch about grammar

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured