Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's Official...I'm Dying!!!!!! ETA

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM
  • 19 Replies
Ok not really but I feel like I'm at deaths door. Hell death would be a relief. I have come down with a case of strep that I got from my precious 2yr old DS. He was miserable so I couldn't not cuddle him. So now I'm sick! My throat is killing me, I have a fever of 102.8, every joint in my body is killing me (including my finger joints), the glands in my neck are so swollen that I can swallow anything, not even water. If this is how my son felt......my poor kiddo.

I haven't had strep in 18yrs! I had my tonsils out 14yrs ago. Cause I had strep 3 times in 3 months. Man I totally forgot how much this sucks! I seriously feel like crap! I hope the Dr can do something in the am. I've just got to wait till they open. 8am cannot come fast enough! Plus I'm scared to give it back to my DS!

Also can dogs gets strep from people? Cause my dog has been all up in our faces especially mine since he knows I'm sick. He hasn't left my side except to go potty, and even then he's not gone long. Usually he runs around and plays during potty time, especially now since we just had a snow storm, but he would go and come back right away. I hope its cause he loves me and not cause he's sick too with strep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:07 AM

They'll give you antibiotics and if your DS hasn't had antibiotics they can give it for your kids too. My doc always asks who is in the household and tells me if they get it to just call and they'll call in the script to my pharmacy.

Try gargling with warm salt water. I know it sucks. I get strep usually once a year.

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
My DS just finished his antibiotic. But I'm scared of antibiotics. When DS was 4 weeks old I was hospitalized twice for a week for C.Diff. and I got the C.Diff from taking an antibiotic for a uti. And everytime I take an antibiotic I run the risk of getting it again. so this royally sucks! C.Diff is an antibiotic resistant infection in the intestines. Very unpleasant! So some bacteria spores my still be in me and when I take an antibiotic it will wipe out all the good bacteria that's keeping the C.Diff spores in check. I know to take probiotics but sometimes it doesn't work. I feel awful that I'm sick and can't care for my son the way he should be. I'm a SAHM and DH can't take care of him and me, let alone get sick. He brings home the bacon. This really sucks. I hate being sick. I know I'm bitching and rambling. But I am bear when I'm sick, so I apologize, lol. I have been gurgling salt water, man its nasty and burns like hell. Well at least I already had my tonsils removed.
I just wished this fever would break and the joint pain to go away so I can get some sleep! I took some liquid Tylenol to help but I know the pills would be better cause then I'd have more in my system but I can't swallow them, lol. God I'm a mess! Thanks for letting me ramble and vent. I really hate being sick.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

They'll give you antibiotics and if your DS hasn't had antibiotics they can give it for your kids too. My doc always asks who is in the household and tells me if they get it to just call and they'll call in the script to my pharmacy.

Try gargling with warm salt water. I know it sucks. I get strep usually once a year.

mommy2lexinmark
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:58 AM
strep is awful! I remember getting it so bad as a kid, feeling like I was swallowing shards of glass, falling asleep with lozenger in my mouth (not a good idea)

I died last week with the stomach flu :( I swear its worse wen ur prego!
feel better
SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:58 AM

Perhaps they can give you a different kind of antibiotic? I know all of them genrally work the same way, but maybe one would be better than another? I'd definitely bring it up with your doctor. Unfortunately from my experience I know there is no avoiding the antibiotics when you have strep. It just won't go away without them.

Maybe try some honey tea. That is soothing for your throat. Also, I know it will taste nasty. But if you can disolve one of the tylenol PM pills in liquid and then drink it that would get more into your system. Or you could try Nyquils sleep aid. I think that is liquid. I wish I had some right now. It's 4 am and I can't sleep. :(

Quoting rkkeller13:

My DS just finished his antibiotic. But I'm scared of antibiotics. When DS was 4 weeks old I was hospitalized twice for a week for C.Diff. and I got the C.Diff from taking an antibiotic for a uti. And everytime I take an antibiotic I run the risk of getting it again. so this royally sucks! C.Diff is an antibiotic resistant infection in the intestines. Very unpleasant! So some bacteria spores my still be in me and when I take an antibiotic it will wipe out all the good bacteria that's keeping the C.Diff spores in check. I know to take probiotics but sometimes it doesn't work. I feel awful that I'm sick and can't care for my son the way he should be. I'm a SAHM and DH can't take care of him and me, let alone get sick. He brings home the bacon. This really sucks. I hate being sick. I know I'm bitching and rambling. But I am bear when I'm sick, so I apologize, lol. I have been gurgling salt water, man its nasty and burns like hell. Well at least I already had my tonsils removed.
I just wished this fever would break and the joint pain to go away so I can get some sleep! I took some liquid Tylenol to help but I know the pills would be better cause then I'd have more in my system but I can't swallow them, lol. God I'm a mess! Thanks for letting me ramble and vent. I really hate being sick.

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Not being able to sleep is the worst! I was thinking of chewing up a Tylenol. But dissolving in some juice would be better. Thanks. I hope you get to sleep soon!

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

Perhaps they can give you a different kind of antibiotic? I know all of them genrally work the same way, but maybe one would be better than another? I'd definitely bring it up with your doctor. Unfortunately from my experience I know there is no avoiding the antibiotics when you have strep. It just won't go away without them.

Maybe try some honey tea. That is soothing for your throat. Also, I know it will taste nasty. But if you can disolve one of the tylenol PM pills in liquid and then drink it that would get more into your system. Or you could try Nyquils sleep aid. I think that is liquid. I wish I had some right now. It's 4 am and I can't sleep. :(

Quoting rkkeller13:

Quoting SalemWitchChild:

rkkeller13
by Kristy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Yeah that's what swallowing feels like right now! I'm sorry to hear you had the flu preggo! That really sucks! Cause there is literally nothing you can take except Tylenol and only a lil of it. I had gotten a severe upper respiratory infection a week before I delivered my son. That really sucked cause almost every contraction made me cough. It was interesting during labor and then during an emergency C-Section.

Quoting mommy2lexinmark:

strep is awful! I remember getting it so bad as a kid, feeling like I was swallowing shards of glass, falling asleep with lozenger in my mouth (not a good idea)

I died last week with the stomach flu :( I swear its worse wen ur prego!

feel better

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:08 AM
I hate when people say "they're dying". My Aunt has stage 4 cancer and never says it. She never complains. My Aunt wishes she can have just strep throat. Strep throat sucks. But just think how people may feel who read this and actually ARE dying. It's kinda like when a very thin person complains to an obese person about how fat they are except ten times worse. Just sayin... And hope you feel better.
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM

I hope you feel OP.  Being sick does suck! 

cjsix
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:30 AM

Op,do you have peroxide? if you do try gargling some like you would mouthwash. It will help wash out some of the infection and help with the inflamation...just don't swollow. Also swollowing a spoonful of honey will coat your throat and also cover it with natural antibiotics that are in the honey. It's worth trying for now and adding to what the doctor gives you...hopefully being your son just had strep the doctor can just call a script in for you.The two things that make me the most miserable are a sore throat and an upset stomach.

huggingFeel better soon!

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:34 AM

Just a heads up. 

The word "precious" on cafemom means "ugly".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN