Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it really THAT hard to walk into another room to breastfeed in certain places?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 745 Replies
29 moms liked this
I totally get the need to feed your child, I'm not against breastfeeding at all! But if a public place has a designated area that is clean, more than accommodating, comfortable, and has toys for whatever other older children you may have. Then why would you not use that area to feed your child? When it is obvious the people there have went out of their way to supply a place that you can comfortably, and privately breastfeed, why not use it? Ive seen mothers who have done this, and honestly I just think they want the attention. I honestly think they are looking for someone to negatively comment on what they are doing so that they can complain about it. I get if there isn't a clean comfortable accommodating place that nursing in public is necessary sometimes, but if its offered then is it really that hard to walk into the designated area to feed your child? No, it's not.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:52 AM
Bump
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:52 AM
77 moms liked this
Yes it sometimes is hard. And if you are somewhere with your family why does a nursing mom have to be shut away or left out because she needs to feed the baby? Why is it such a problem for you to see a baby eat?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:53 AM
6 moms liked this

If I'm doing something important I'm not going to interrupt that to go to a different room to feed my baby. If I'm just walking around the mall shopping or whatever sure I'll use a nursing room, but I don't have to go to one of those rooms if it's going to inconvenience me and I won't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:54 AM
5 moms liked this
I don't have a problem with it, but some do. If a clean comfortable environment is provided to do it in respect to others then why not utilize it. It's not like they are telling you to go to a bathroom or your car.

Quoting stickyfingers:

Yes it sometimes is hard. And if you are somewhere with your family why does a nursing mom have to be shut away or left out because she needs to feed the baby? Why is it such a problem for you to see a baby eat?
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:57 AM
15 moms liked this
But why should a mom have to pack all her kids and stuff up to move to another room if they are out somewhere having a good time just to make someone else feel comfortable. A baby can eat for a long time. That's not fair to the rest of the family to have to sit shut in a tiny room while other moms are probably in there nursing too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have a problem with it, but some do. If a clean comfortable environment is provided to do it in respect to others then why not utilize it. It's not like they are telling you to go to a bathroom or your car.

Quoting stickyfingers:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:58 AM
The specific place I'm talking about was the public library. It had one of the side rooms provided with comfortable chairs, toys, computer and books for whatever other children you may have with you situation they wouldn't feel as though they were missing out. An so that you could keep an eye on your children while you nurse.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I'm doing something important I'm not going to interrupt that to go to a different room to feed my baby. If I'm just walking around the mall shopping or whatever sure I'll use a nursing room, but I don't have to go to one of those rooms if it's going to inconvenience me and I won't.

horseap
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:58 AM
28 moms liked this

The function of a breast and bottle are the same.  A bottle is no different than a breast, they have the same purpose and Im sorry you are uncomfortable.  I will cover and nurse as I walk through walmart.  If my baby is hungry you can get over yourself, Im feeding my child.

I know the rooms you are talking about, but I dont want to lounge in some strange place.  I want to take care of my baby and get out the door.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:59 AM
3 moms liked this
If the room isn't tiny, and accommodates the other children then it isn't an inconvenience for anyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Would you complain if someone were to say something to you?

Quoting horseap:

The function of a breast and bottle are the same.  A bottle is no different than a breast, they have the same purpose and Im sorry you are uncomfortable.  I will cover and nurse as I walk through walmart.  If my baby is hungry you can get over yourself, Im feeding my child.

I know the rooms you are talking about, but I dont want to lounge in some strange place.  I want to take care of my baby and get out the door.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:01 AM
42 moms liked this

Why dont we make a room for prudes who dont like seeing babies being fed? Bet they would bitch and complain!

Quoting Anonymous:

The specific place I'm talking about was the public library. It had one of the side rooms provided with comfortable chairs, toys, computer and books for whatever other children you may have with you situation they wouldn't feel as though they were missing out. An so that you could keep an eye on your children while you nurse.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)