Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it really THAT hard to walk into another room to breastfeed in certain places?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I totally get the need to feed your child, I'm not against breastfeeding at all! But if a public place has a designated area that is clean, more than accommodating, comfortable, and has toys for whatever other older children you may have. Then why would you not use that area to feed your child? When it is obvious the people there have went out of their way to supply a place that you can comfortably, and privately breastfeed, why not use it? Ive seen mothers who have done this, and honestly I just think they want the attention. I honestly think they are looking for someone to negatively comment on what they are doing so that they can complain about it. I get if there isn't a clean comfortable accommodating place that nursing in public is necessary sometimes, but if its offered then is it really that hard to walk into the designated area to feed your child? No, it's not.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:02 AM
6 moms liked this

They don't want to have to seperate themselves, and since it's natural we should all just fucking adore to see their breasts flopping out and about goddamnit. because it is natural. but keep all the other natural stuff under lock and key 'cause it's gross. but not breasts. and not breastfeeding.

MomofSCMJJA
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:03 AM
2 moms liked this

I never even thought to search for a seperate place to breastfeed or ask if there was one I could use.  I also NEVER had anyone make a negative comment about me breastfeeding in public.  But then I didn't wave a huge sign over my head screaming "Hey!  Look at me!  I'm breastfeeding in public!"  I was discreet and matter-of-fact about it and I was never once questioned over it.  I am always surprised when I hear about women who have trouble over it.  I guess I was just lucky.

horseap
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Would I complain if someone asked me to go to another room? Say what exactly... So I know how to respond.  Say a perverted comment...? This could go lots of ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

Would you complain if someone were to say something to you?

Quoting horseap:

The function of a breast and bottle are the same.  A bottle is no different than a breast, they have the same purpose and Im sorry you are uncomfortable.  I will cover and nurse as I walk through walmart.  If my baby is hungry you can get over yourself, Im feeding my child.

I know the rooms you are talking about, but I dont want to lounge in some strange place.  I want to take care of my baby and get out the door.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Haha! Love this!

Quoting Anonymous:

Why dont we make a room for prudes who dont like seeing babies being fed? Bet they would bitch and complain!

Quoting Anonymous:

The specific place I'm talking about was the public library. It had one of the side rooms provided with comfortable chairs, toys, computer and books for whatever other children you may have with you situation they wouldn't feel as though they were missing out. An so that you could keep an eye on your children while you nurse.

Quoting Anonymous:

If I'm doing something important I'm not going to interrupt that to go to a different room to feed my baby. If I'm just walking around the mall shopping or whatever sure I'll use a nursing room, but I don't have to go to one of those rooms if it's going to inconvenience me and I won't.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:04 AM
4 moms liked this
I can't imagine just flopping my tit out anywhere and popping my baby on. I am about to have a newborn that I am going to breastfeed and while I realize at times I will have to nurse in public, I just can't fathom not being discreet about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't get how women can se around and talk about right to breastfeed in public but totally other about people's rights not to want to see someone nursing.

Quoting Lalalie:

They don't want to have to seperate themselves, and since it's natural we should all just fucking adore to see their breasts flopping out and about goddamnit. because it is natural. but keep all the other natural stuff under lock and key 'cause it's gross. but not breasts. and not breastfeeding.

RandiBear
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:06 AM
12 moms liked this

...why don't people get their panties out of a twist and stop staring at breastfeeding moms? I mean, I have seen women breastfeeding in public...right at the table at a nice resturaunt...you know what I do? I look away and pay attention to my OWN business. A boob is a boob and you see more in a Victoria's Secret ad than when feeding a baby.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Is it so hard to just look the other way? I don't see why it's an issue for either side. Silliness.

Mommy2Phenley
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Is it hard? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the circumstances. But why should I have to disrupt our outing and segregate myself because baby needs to eat?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:13 AM
1 mom liked this
You can be discreet and still NIP. Double shirt method or using covers is just wonderful for being discreet.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't imagine just flopping my tit out anywhere and popping my baby on. I am about to have a newborn that I am going to breastfeed and while I realize at times I will have to nurse in public, I just can't fathom not being discreet about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN