Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it really THAT hard to walk into another room to breastfeed in certain places?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I totally get the need to feed your child, I'm not against breastfeeding at all! But if a public place has a designated area that is clean, more than accommodating, comfortable, and has toys for whatever other older children you may have. Then why would you not use that area to feed your child? When it is obvious the people there have went out of their way to supply a place that you can comfortably, and privately breastfeed, why not use it? Ive seen mothers who have done this, and honestly I just think they want the attention. I honestly think they are looking for someone to negatively comment on what they are doing so that they can complain about it. I get if there isn't a clean comfortable accommodating place that nursing in public is necessary sometimes, but if its offered then is it really that hard to walk into the designated area to feed your child? No, it's not.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:16 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh, I know. I just mean, I don't understand people who don't try to be discreet. I realize baby needs to eat but I don't see the need to show everyone else your tits in the process. If you're outside and it is 95 degrees, that's a different story but inside in an air conditioned/heated environment I think nursing moms should have to cover.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

You can be discreet and still NIP. Double shirt method or using covers is just wonderful for being discreet.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't imagine just flopping my tit out anywhere and popping my baby on. I am about to have a newborn that I am going to breastfeed and while I realize at times I will have to nurse in public, I just can't fathom not being discreet about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:18 AM
I don't even think that, but if a woman is offered a place that is more than accommodating it seems like asking for people to look at you if you don use it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, I know. I just mean, I don't understand people who don't try to be discreet. I realize baby needs to eat but I don't see the need to show everyone else your tits in the process. If you're outside and it is 95 degrees, that's a different story but inside in an air conditioned/heated environment I think nursing moms should have to cover.

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

You can be discreet and still NIP. Double shirt method or using covers is just wonderful for being discreet.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can't imagine just flopping my tit out anywhere and popping my baby on. I am about to have a newborn that I am going to breastfeed and while I realize at times I will have to nurse in public, I just can't fathom not being discreet about it.

LADYxGHOST
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:19 AM
13 moms liked this

I rememebr ther was this time where whites went out of their way to provide blacks with their own bathrooms and fountains and even schools. Why indeed didn't they smile and say yes sir and enjoy the things given to them?

BF is natural and normal. Given the attires people wear today I think having issue with a natural thing is shallow. Why the hel should I have to stop shopping and go to a "special" area? It will take longer to get ther and back to where I needed to be then to feed the child. Moms do make use of those ares when they can, but seriously is there anyone that is against BF in public that actually BF'ed? I wonder. An how many of you that are against public bf wear clothes that show a bit too much cleavage, booty and leave little to nothing tothe imagination, or ever wore a sting bakini or a two piece of any kind. Why to reveaing for me, we can show off our breats if it is to suduce a guy but to feed a child is a no-no? SMH

armywife009
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:19 AM
3 moms liked this

I don't think I have ever seen a mom just "flop" her titty out. I use to bf dd in the store all the time and you would never know it (unless you heard her, she was a loud eater, lol).

Quoting Anonymous:

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:21 AM
I have never once seen that in public. I have been nursing for 20 months now and I haven't done it. The only time I have ever seen any boobage was when I was with my BFF who also bf lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
xomrs.chase
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:21 AM
The only store that has one here is toys r us- which is half an hour away.
horseap
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:23 AM
6 moms liked this

Because some babys dont tolerate covers and the mom knows this.  By fighting to keep covered just draws more attention to the baby pulling it off.  When your not covered you see the top of a breast or what you would see with a tub top,a low cut shirt, or bathing suit top. Its a nip slip for a second. The nipple on a bottle is formed to mimic a breast and nipple.  Should we shield it until its in the babies mouth so IT isnt offencive?  Just because it isnt attached to a person its not offencive?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
audreesmama
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:25 AM
10 moms liked this
Nope, it's just saying that you have a right to feed your baby wherever you are, and the law will back you up. Have you looked up breastfeeding laws in your state? In mine, a baby has a right to breastfeed anywhere the mother is allowed to be.

I nurse my son in public, anywhere I need to and IDGAF if it makes someone uncomfortable. I will not move to another room, and I will not 'cover up'. If you don't like it, go ahead and move to the room with the toys and play until your hearts content. I certainly won't make my baby wait because an adult is too immature to handle what is natural and perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't even think that, but if a woman is offered a place that is more than accommodating it seems like asking for people to look at you if you don use it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

Quoting Anonymous:

shortycmlb
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this

But, what if I don't want to? What if I got shit to do and sitting on a hard chair with no arm support for 30+ minutes is not in my schedule when I can just walk around or have baby in a sling and nurse?

Haha. No thank you. 

audreesmama
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM
This only ever happens on cm, and it's only ever anons who admit to it. Lol.

I wear an H cup now, and show more boob in a tank top than I do when breastfeeding.

Quoting armywife009:

I don't think I have ever seen a mom just "flop" her titty out. I use to bf dd in the store all the time and you would never know it (unless you heard her, she was a loud eater, lol).

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured