Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

We got our Rent Lowered!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

Our LL wanted us to stay so bady, he lowered the rent by $100/mo and signed a new lease too...yay!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
PerfectVirgo
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:44 AM
Yay!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Super cool!  Is the market hard to rent there?  Either that or you are good tennents and he doesn't want to lose you. :) $100 is huge

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:57 AM

this particular house is hard for him to rent as it's next to his other apt house, which has mostly mentally ill people living there or people on probation...not a good site for small kids, but i don't have to worry about that.  

Quoting sweetboys4me:

Super cool!  Is the market hard to rent there?  Either that or you are good tennents and he doesn't want to lose you. :) $100 is huge

Nicole1357
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:03 AM

Congrats! 

sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:05 AM
that's wonderful! How old are your kids? People who are mentally ill or on probation doesn't mean they are bad people. Thankfully you're not one to be swayed by stereotypes :)
Quoting Anonymous:

this particular house is hard for him to rent as it's next to his other apt house, which has mostly mentally ill people living there or people on probation...not a good site for small kids, but i don't have to worry about that.  

Quoting sweetboys4me:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:08 AM

well, the cops are there pretty much every day if that gives you an idea...and the ambulance takes someone away at least three times a week for either an OD, or drunk and disorderly.  My kids are older teens now, almost outta school.

Quoting sweetboys4me:

that's wonderful! How old are your kids? People who are mentally ill or on probation doesn't mean they are bad people. Thankfully you're not one to be swayed by stereotypes :)
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sweetboys4me:

sweetboys4me
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:51 AM

At least they will know what not to do.  I cannot imagine having the  police show up every week.  At least you are the ideal renter and your landlord realizes it

Quoting Anonymous:

well, the cops are there pretty much every day if that gives you an idea...and the ambulance takes someone away at least three times a week for either an OD, or drunk and disorderly.  My kids are older teens now, almost outta school.

Quoting sweetboys4me:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sweetboys4me:

keisha613
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:53 AM
That's wonderful. Congrats!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN