Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone here watch wrestling? (RIP to a legend)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
1 mom liked this

BREAKING NEWS: Legendary WWE Manager Paul Bearer Passes Away

Posted by: Ben Kerin of WrestlingNewsSource.com on Mar 05 2013
SourceWWE.com

It is with a heavy heart we report the passing of William "Paul Bearer" Moody aged 59 next month. Moody who was better known to WWE fans as Paul Bearer is considered one of the greatest pro-wrestling managers of the 1980s and 1990s.

Details are sketchy but Moody had been reportedly been feeling unwell for some time with one source claiming he had been in hospital over the last few days.

Moody had early success Championship Wrestling from Florida as Percy Pringle III and homed his craft during his time with World Class Championship Wrestling. He found global fame when WWE signed him in 1990 and paired him with The Undertaker where he would be known as Paul Bearer, a ghastly white face man with jet black hair and a creepy mustache. During The Undertaker's early run Bearer would be his mouthpiece, holding a mystical urn which was said to contain The Undertaker's power.

He would go on to turn against The Undertaker in 1996 and side with Mankind before going on to introduce his illegitimate son Kane who would engage in a bitter feud with the Undertaker. It was probably during this time Bearer come into his own telling the narrative between the Undertaker and Kane, making it one of the greatest storylines in WWE history.

Before long Bearer was back with The Undertaker until 2000 when Moody took on a backstage role as an agent and producer.  

Following his departure from WWE the company paid for him to undergo gastric bypass surgery as Moody had become morbidly obese. He spent much of his time away from WWE on the indy circuit, dedicating more time with his sons and wife who was died from breast cancer in 2009.

Bearer would make sparse WWE appearances returning at WrestleMania 20 in 2004 to manage The Undertaker who had by that time dropped his biker gimmick. He made several recent appearances during a renewed feud between Undertaker and Kane and a storyline which lead to Edge kidnapping Bearer leaving him trapped inside a meat freezer!

Below is the official WWE statement on Moody's passing: 

WWE.com:

"WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer. Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years.

Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans."

Now a lot of you will not care or ask "who is that" but if ANYONE has ever watched wrestling, you know this man. He was a good soul, in and out of the ring. I can guarantee you have a brother, husband, or child who knows who this is. Hell, even my husband, who hasn't watched a day of wrestling in his life, knew who this was.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:14 AM

bump

AleaKat
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Nope...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amy1will
by Amethyst on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:17 AM
I read that last night. Very sad. He had a lot of soul for what he did.

I grew up watching him. I still watch wrestling
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Same here. He was part of my childhood, I loved him. I still watch, too.

Quoting amy1will:

I read that last night. Very sad. He had a lot of soul for what he did.

I grew up watching him. I still watch wrestling

LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM
That man was awesome. I haven't watched wrestling in years but Undertaker and Paul Bearer were one of my favorites. He will be missed dearly :'(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:21 AM

no, my son doesnt watch it,2 old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM

Indeed. Taker's been my favorite since I was 5, which of course makes Kane and Bearer a big part of it too. It's sad. 

Quoting LadyFreeRider:

That man was awesome. I haven't watched wrestling in years but Undertaker and Paul Bearer were one of my favorites. He will be missed dearly :'(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM

"Too old".

Quoting Anonymous:

no, my son doesnt watch it,2 old.

DEJavu17
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I is a sad panda... :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:27 AM

I am too. I found out last night and couldn't sleep.

Quoting DEJavu17:

I is a sad panda... :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN