Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Poll

Question: Do you believe in luck?

Options:

Never.

Sometimes.

Always.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 234

View Results

Is luck a legitimate phenomenon, or just a myth?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
NiCo86
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Nope, never. I don't believe in Luck or Destiny or any of that stuff. Life is what you make it by the choices you make and are effected by the choices made by thosse around you. No luck involved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM

absolutely.  My dh stepped into a high paying job years ago, pure luck, we avoided a major accident on the expressway, pure luck, the lump was not cancer , again, someone got lucky, and I could go on and on.  Some people are lucky in lives, others are not.

tapies2324
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:19 PM
I don't believe in luck. I believe in blessings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Quoting NiCo86:

Nope, never. I don't believe in Luck or Destiny or any of that stuff. Life is what you make it by the choices you make and are effected by the choices made by thosse around you. No luck involved.

I disagree with that one.  Life choices are not always because of something you did wrong or right.  Luck is a huge part of well being.  I have known so many people over the years that got cancer, and if you make it to old age not getting it?  YOU ARE lucky.  My grandmother led a less than healthy lifestyle, but lived to be well into her 80s, no cancer.  Most of her children and spouse got it.

Emilytrademark
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Karma, not luck. I guess they can look similar at times.

BabyFruit Ticker
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

not only is luck real, not everyone who gets it deserves it.

misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I believe in luck SOMETIMES. 

littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Quoting Emilytrademark:

"karma" strikes down good people also, all the time as a matter of fact.  I do not believe every bad thing that happens to people is Karma and that they deserve it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:26 PM

How can some people think luck has nothing to do with good things happening? WTF?  Live another 30 yrs or so and tell me you still feel that way.  I have seen postings on here about karma?  Another WTF?  So everyone that has bad things happen somehow deserved it? Really?  I got into a bit of a heated argument with some self righteous christian the other day.  She was another one who said "everything" bad is self inflicted.  Sure, tell that to the parent of the 14 kids that were fkn killed in CT.  Guess that was their karma.  I have seen MANY LUCKY people sail through life, and they were nasty, evil people, inflicting harm on others.

Emilytrademark
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Quoting littlelamb303:

Quoting Emilytrademark:

"karma" strikes down good people also, all the time as a matter of fact.  I do not believe every bad thing that happens to people is Karma and that they deserve it.

There is always cause and effect - there isn't pure coincidence. Everything truly happens for a reason (though that reason might not be apparent or even caused by you or people around you). That doesn't mean that a good person who suffers a bad situation deserves that situation, and that hardly negates the laws of karma

BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)