Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Religion.

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM
  • 62 Replies
5 moms liked this

I'm a Christian and proud of that. But please everyone stop trying to bully everyone into what you believe. Whether it be you're Christian, atheist, Mormon, and what ever the hell else you are. It's annoying and makes you look bad! 

Not a bashing post just simple statement. Thank you(:

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

You know, I annoy my IL's (who are Catholic) because I refused to have my baby baptized into the church. As a child religion was forced on me, so I made the decision to let my kids decide what they want to be, or dont want to be. I think its funny because it caused a huge deal with me and MIL

danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM
4 moms liked this

That's typically what religious people do, though.

They bully their children into believing what they believe.

They threaten them with hell if they don't. They brainwash them from birth.

Not bashing. Just a simple statement :)

HappyMommyXavi
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

I def know what you mean. I'm just so tired of others on here trying to force what they believe on others. I mean damn I'm a Christian but I'm not going to bash someone who's not. So I totally understand what you're saying it can be overbearing. 

Quoting missamanda86:

You know, I annoy my IL's (who are Catholic) because I refused to have my baby baptized into the church. As a child religion was forced on me, so I made the decision to let my kids decide what they want to be, or dont want to be. I think its funny because it caused a huge deal with me and MIL

HappyMommyXavi
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM

I just don't like the bullying part you know? Not okay! It's actually quite annoying.

Quoting danie24:

That's typically what religious people do, though.

They bully their children into believing what they believe.

They threaten them with hell if they don't. They brainwash them from birth.

Not bashing. Just a simple statement :)

missamanda86
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Exactly right! I told Dh if our kids want to be Buddhist, good for them...if they want to worship birds, who freakin cares...that is their decision, and its not like we practice any kind of religion anyways lmao! 

Quoting HappyMommyXavi:

I def know what you mean. I'm just so tired of others on here trying to force what they believe on others. I mean damn I'm a Christian but I'm not going to bash someone who's not. So I totally understand what you're saying it can be overbearing. 

Quoting missamanda86:

RightSock
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
3 moms liked this

HappyMommyXavi
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:03 PM

And also it's like you can try and show your kids the way but in reality they're going to do what makes them happy. Period. Some people don't understand that. 

Quoting missamanda86:

Exactly right! I told Dh if our kids want to be Buddhist, good for them...if they want to worship birds, who freakin cares...that is their decision, and its not like we practice any kind of religion anyways lmao! 

Quoting HappyMommyXavi:

Quoting missamanda86:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM
No bashing but I find it hard to believe that two people founded the whole human race. That meant incest had to have happened. And then the Bible makes incest illegal. I just cannot get over all the inconsistencies. We know cavemen existed yet they aren't in the Bible because Adam and Eve were the first humans? And we know dinosaurs existed and the Bible doesn't mention them.
missamanda86
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Thats the way I look at it...and it annoys my family (Church of Christ and southern Baptist) that I dont go to church, but I dont feel the need to really...

Quoting HappyMommyXavi:

And also it's like you can try and show your kids the way but in reality they're going to do what makes them happy. Period. Some people don't understand that. 

HappyMommyXavi
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Hope you do enjoy. Idk why anyone would have anything to say about my comment. Because truly I don't care what anyone is. I don't judge and could care less how one chooses to live their life(: 

Quoting RightSock:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured