Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for atheists, from an atheist...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
Why do some atheists know so much about the bible? Every time I see a post about atheists, there's always tons of them in there saying "well the bible says..." What's the point of reading it if you don't believe in it? Were you raised with it, and you just remember it? I've never opened a bible, and don't ever intend to. I just don't see the point...there are so many great fictitious books out there, why bother becoming an expert on a boring one?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Dumb

Not an atheist very much christian...I love the Bible.
CutieCrab
by Jen on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM
6 moms liked this

You should know what you dont believe in, before you decide you don't believe in it.  Something to that affect. Lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

do you generally go around questioning why anyone read any other book your not personally interested in reading yourself?

CutieCrab
by Jen on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Oh and I am a Christian. But I like to learn about different religions and denominations.

SlightlyPerfect
I just don't understand why some people choose to live in filth.
Today at 9:27 AM
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I got a degree in religious studies, and I was raised Catholic. Just par for the course.

slightlyperfect

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Some people find the whole concept of religion facinating. I am not a member of any religion and have read countless religious texts from all different beliefs. I enjoy it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:59 PM
No. But why would they be interested in it either? I don't read westerns, because I'm not into westerns...I don't read them just so I can tell people why westerns are dumb. I don't quote them all the time trying to make other people think that westerns are dumb. It just seems silly

Quoting Anonymous:

do you generally go around questioning why anyone read any other book your not personally interested in reading yourself?

Hierophant85
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:59 PM
I spent some time attending a Christian youth group when I was younger. Also, some parts of the bible were required reading my senior year of high school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MissMissfit
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM

How can you make an intelligent decision without knowing all the angles? I was raised Lutheran, and attended christian school my entire life. I know enough to be able to definitively say I don't believe in god, and the bible is just a story. 

HappySAHMnWIFE
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:01 PM
I don't want to be ignorant to other beliefs/non beliefs.

I may not believe in it, but I still prefer to know what others believe in and find religious history quite interesting.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)