Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
What do your children think are treats, but really there not?

Both my dd (3) and ds (2) think prunes are candy. They love all fruit. Their favorite dessert is homemade pudding.. it is gold to them.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM
Replies (11-15):
skittlefart
by Taste the Rainbow on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never used the word treat with ds before, so I'm sure he wouldn't know. He's too young to care either, lol. 

photo f0d2fac9-968e-4f2a-b2d4-23b82e20f027_zps882254c2.jpg
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Daisypath Wedding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM
We have our own cookie stash..lol

Quoting babygirl_1012:

LOL! My SO has his own ice cream stash, which my daughter is not allowed to have lol, but frozen yogurt is good too, or frozen fruit cups she likes too. I play that off as ice cream at times lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Lol yes! They think yogurt is ice cream.. They get ice cream, but not too offten. If its in the house then I eat it all lol.

Quoting babygirl_1012:

My daughter loves fruit, so making a fruit "dessert" (salad) is a big deal. Better fruit salad than ice cream. Lol!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Sounds yummy!

Quoting bebcarroll:

Kale- I make kale 'chips' in the oven and they think they are like potato chips. They beg me to but kale. But, it is kind like a treat, they can only eat so much before their tummy's are sick.

Fruit - any kind (I have to hide it or the y eat all of it the day I buy it. 2-3 servings fine-8-9 not so much.

Peppers - red, orange and yellow ones, they eat them like candy (sweet bell peppers)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol cute! My dd turned down a cookie the other day for an apple with a yogurt w honey fruit dip. It was a proud moment for me lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

They think their vitamins are candy.  They tell me they want their nighttime candy.  They love fruits and veggies too.  My mom made them a fruit salad and gave some to DS and he looked at it and said "what, no blueberries", my mom laughed.

Livv066
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM
DD thinks the vitamins are candy. The fruit pouches, Gerber & Earths Best make them. I know there are other brands as well. She eats fruit on the regular, but once in a while she can have a "gerber" as DD calls them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)