Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A spring time post!!! Flowers!! Do you plant..

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM
  • 37 Replies
I am super excited about the warmer weather:-D I love spending time outside soaking in the warmth. I am literally miserable during fall and winter!
Anyways, the main reason I love it is because of the flowers. Last year I decided to plant a flower bed:) I managed to keep my flowers alive but I didn't research before I planted them so some of my smaller flowers got covered with the bigger plants:( but I am not giving up! I will be planting another flower bed this yr and hopefully I get it right this time:)
Do you have a flower bed? What flowers do you plant and which is your favorite? Any gardening tips welcomed and so are pictures!:-P
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambcortez
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM

my plant shelf consisits of a bonsai tree, miniature roses and a hyacinth. i've just been googling how to care for them and it's been a month, they're still alive, lol.

sadiebug1228
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:24 PM
I suck with plants lol the only thing I've been able to keep alive is a cactus lol

I would love to plant some flowers cause we have a beautiful yard with lots of sun lol but they would die :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RitzyCracker
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I love pansies! They have such a beautiful variety of color! I just love when they bloom in colors I wasn't expecting!

proudmommy03457
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay:-P I am surprised my flower bed survived last year. Before then I had only house plants that I could not keep alive no matter how hard I tried lol my dh always picked on me about it.

Quoting ambcortez:

my plant shelf consisits of a bonsai tree, miniature roses and a hyacinth. i've just been googling how to care for them and it's been a month, they're still alive, lol.

Erna2
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Yes! I've already started. I live in Florida :) my favorites are roses, hibiscus, daisy, dahlia, and one other but I can't remember the name :( and I do a big garden. This year I have 365 plants. Half are planted and I will finish the rest this weekend. I love growing our own food!
ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't plant a flower bed, but I plant a container garden on my porch and grow all sorts of fruits and veggies and herbs. This year I want the garden to be REALLY big. I have a huge front porch, and I love being outside in the heat, growing things for my family to munch on. My son spent his first summer in a jumper on the back patio of our last house, and the first solids he was exposed to included things from my garden. He loved being out there as a baby pulling at the plants and I'd rub fresh mint or basil on his binky and he LOVED the flavors.

proudmommy03457
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Lol my grandma gave me a plant one time(house plant) and told me it was nearly impossible to kill...well I killed it! So I am no expert but I am determined:-P

Quoting sadiebug1228:

I suck with plants lol the only thing I've been able to keep alive is a cactus lol

I would love to plant some flowers cause we have a beautiful yard with lots of sun lol but they would die :(
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM

I plant around the front of the house and it looks so cute. I usually plant tulips and daisys. Daisy bushes grow huge over time. We also have a garden on the side of the house and fruit trees filling a gap between our house and a neighbors.

proudmommy03457
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM
O They are so pretty! I love colorful flowers:)

Quoting RitzyCracker:

I love pansies! They have such a beautiful variety of color! I just love when they bloom in colors I wasn't expecting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)