Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help me make a decision.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I currently live off base in a home that I won't be able to afford much longer because of divorce.

I can try to find something else off base and hope it is in a good neighborhood.

Or I can move on base into a much smaller place. 

I get $1200 for housing and I currently pay $1300 plus utilities...like $150/month for electricity and $45/month for water.

I can find a place off base for less than $1000 but it would require a deposit that I don't have right now and may or may not take my dog who is a member of the family.

Moving on base I would go from a 4 bedroom home to a 2 bedroom home and dd would absolutely have to move schools yet again.  She is in 4th grade and has moved schools 5 times.

I would save money moving on base...or I could find something way below my housing allowance and try it that way.

If I move on base I may have to pay for a fence to be put up...or may not if the previous people had a fence up. 

The base school is awesome....plus I would save on daycare because dd would go to open rec and the youth center. 

I would be subject to housing inspections on base at any time and would have to lock up my dog who is used to having free roam. 

WHat do I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Bump
crashblossom
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:40 PM
I'd move on base fo sho.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

it sounds like you are already decided to stay on the base because you rarely described the other option.     re-read your op.     you have already chosen.

LiDoMama
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Probably the base, the good school would be the deciding factor for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I would personally move on base.  Ultimately, if the school is awesome and there are added perks for your child, I think that is the best option...and it's safer than finding housing in a questionable neighborhood.

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:44 PM
I would go on base:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:46 PM

stay on base for sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)