Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He wants to put my 12 month old on a diet

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM
  • 105 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you follow the doctors orders?

Options:

Yes, DR knows best!

No, Dont put her on a diet

Other (will explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 116

View Results

Well, he won't flat out say its a diet, but the way i look at it, its a diet. Tomarrow is DD's first birthday. Shes a chunky monkey! Dr said from the time i was preggo with her that she was gonna be big, and she is. Since 6 months shes always been in the 90th or higher percentile for height/weight. Its always been in perspective tho. Now, her weights getting a little more then he likes and is "unporportunate" (thats spelled wrong) with her height. 

Shes 30 inches and 26.8 pounds. 

Which may be a little heavy for a 12 month old BUT most 12 month olds are mobile, in one way or another. She is just starting to crawl, and will only walk if you hold her hands. She won't even use her walker. I'm sure if she was mobile she would loose the weight

BUT heres the problem i have

DD loves her meats, gerber cheese puffs and the gerber cookies they have. Doctor wants all that cut out of her diet. All he wants her to have until her check up in 2 weeks is fruits and veggies. 

AND

Before, due to her puking after every bottle, he changed her to whole milk at 10 months. Then it got worse with the whole milk so he changed her to Similac Go & Grow and shes done great with it. The pukings stop, shes not as fussy, its good. Now, he says G&G is more rich and he wants her changed back to whole milk to see how she handles it now. And NO juice what so ever.

I don't like the cutting out meats and all that, and going strictly vegetarian, even if its only 2 weeks. the formula thing i'm okay with trying because most kids go off formula at 1 but its just another part of his diet which i DONT agree with.

The Birthday Princess <3

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd also limit her meat, as well as completely cut out the puffs and cookies- those are just over processed junk. Juice should be a treat, not a daily occurrence.

It sounds like she hasn't been eating very healthily. Babies don't need ranch on their veggies, nor gravy on potatoes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
yikesitsmindy
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Are you serious about the ranch and gravy...?
ArisMom208
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Quoting SommelierMom:

I'd also limit her meat, as well as completely cut out the puffs and cookies- those are just over processed junk. Juice should be a treat, not a daily occurrence.

It sounds like she hasn't been eating very healthily. Babies don't need ranch on their veggies, nor gravy on potatoes.

She doesn't get ranch on her veggies or gravy on her potatoes. well, on thanksgiving she did but usually she gets chicken patties dipped in potatoes. 

thats just what he was saying. she also doesn't get juice, besides pedialyte when shes sick.

ArisMom208
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Quoting yikesitsmindy:

Are you serious about the ranch and gravy...?

The ranch and gravy and juice were all just examples of what the doctor was saying.

Just fruits and veggies, with nothing extra.

She doesn't actually get ranch or gravy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like she's eating crap in the first place.
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM
He won't tell you anything that would hurt her. Don't worry, and hey if you introduce her to some more healthy things she might love it. Lucky for me, my dd hates meat and juice lol. :)
abbysmommy429
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:23 PM

She is precious. I wouldn't put her on a diet, just limit juice maybe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM
I want to know why vegetarian. Lean meats are a healthy protein.
MorganTho
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Stick to fruits and veggies, good fats like avocado, coconut oil, and cut out the processed crap! Otherwise she looks healthy/normal to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

She will be just fine on fruits and veggies only. Not sure why you would post about gravy and ranch dip if it isn't part of her diet. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN