Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TRANSGENDER MMA FIGHTER Wants to Fight Women In UFC---- Should She be allowed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies

0306_transgender_mma_article
A female transgender MMA fighter who just kicked an opponent's ass in 39 seconds has set her sights on the UFC.

Fallon Fox was born a man.  In 2006, when she was 30, she had gender reassignment surgery.

Fox is now a MMA fighter for the Championship Fighting Alliance (CFA).  Her record is 2 and 0 after destroying Ericka Newsome Saturday night in 39 seconds with a vicious knee to the head.

030613_mma_launch
Fox says she now wants to fight "at the highest level" -- which in the MMA world is only one place -- the UFC.

Fox insists she is a woman in every respect and just happens to fall into the category of postoperative transsexual.  She compares herself to any other category of women, including blacks, lesbians and the disabled.

Fox says she has no advantage over naturally born women.

The owner of CFA, Jorge De La Noval, tells TMZ, "CFA is an organization which does not discriminate against any fighter ... as long as they are professionally licensed."

As for fighting in the UFC, Dana White tells us to fight in the UFC ... Fox would have to get the green light from the state athletic commission.  But he also says Fox hasn't proved herself yet ... the 2 women she's beat have never won a fight.  

D

ana says, "She's gotta win some real fights to even talk about the UFC."  And Dana warns, "It's not like transgenders who play golf or baseball.  UFC is a contact sport."

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-42-
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Meh.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM
8 moms liked this

Why not they let everybody do what ever they want these days as to not offend them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:07 PM
8 moms liked this
she has a mans physical strength so yeah, she does have an advantage.
FoxFire363
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Honestly, I think the women who make it to the UFC are tough enough to take on most comers, including another woman who happened to be born a man. Shit, they could probably kick the asses of most men.
loving_my2boys
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM
If she was man-->woman while in the mma then no, but it all happened beforehand so I say yes. Let her
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kfroz0415
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it depends, if she is just beating the living daylights out of every girl fighter she encounters, no matter their record, it may prove she has an unfair advantage. This is a tough one, part of me is saying no way, she has a physical advantage, but part says the female UFC fighters could make my dh cry so... lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

LOL more than likely not.

Yes she should be allowed AFTER proving herself.  Beating 2 women who have never won a fight is not proving she is ready to fight in the UFC.

Quoting Anonymous:

she has a mans physical strength so yeah, she does have an advantage.

mama3p
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know about this one ... most men are naturally stronger than women

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM
2 moms liked this
No she has an unfair physical advantage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:14 PM

I'm normally pro transgender rights but in this case, I say no. She shouldn't be allowed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured