Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EXHUSBAND AND KID TROUBLE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

devil so i HATE my ex husband can not stand this man think if i could kill him and not get into trouble i would....but i love my kids way to much to do that....anyways so i get his taxes bc of back child support.well i told him i would sign off on them and now i am having second thoughts and only bc i was to get my tax check today and it got offset bc of a military credit card he had....and never payed. He doesnt help with the kids that much and what he does buy he keeps at his house...totally bullshit...he is paying support now and its only 157 for two kids which i have heard he should be glad. anyways if i do go sign off will i still get his taxes this year still they have already taken it.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:16 PM

sign off from what? You can't sign off his rights.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Sign off on what?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM

on back child support they will wipe it clean

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:20 PM

You can't sign him off. According to the law, since he's the parent as well as yourself, he has to financial support them. I'm not sure you can relinquish his rights at this point because any kids born within the marriage are considered partly his.

Quoting Anonymous:

on back child support they will wipe it clean

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:20 PM

I wouldn't if your still getting your taxes taken to pay his bills.

1234abcd4321
1 mom liked this

you don't want the back child support payments?

hismommy2010

Something doesn't make any sense at all. If you are divorced, and the credit card was in HIS name then they would take his money, not yours....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:25 PM

its the military they have their own rules...im calling a lawyer tonight to see what i can do...they said bc we were married his debt becomes mine and since im getting his for child support i think they figure they can take mine i dont know i think it might be them messing with me just to see if they can get away with it. was a military wife for five years they screw alot of people over.

khloemum
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:27 PM

my mom signed off on my exstepdads cs because my lil bro had to go to rehab and he agreed to help with expenses... yea she hasnt seen a penny since signing it away!!! thousands of $$

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM

yes i want the money trying the good karma thing out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN