Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

child support question

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
we are waiting on a court date but my stbxh said he is going to put ds on his insurance so i cant her as much child support.can he really get out of it that easily?he is doing everything he can to pay as little as he can.he even asked both of his jobs to drop him in hours until after court.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
just to clarify ds is on medicaid right now
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM

What kind of custody arrangement do you have?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM
he may have to put him in his insurance AND pay the full support. don't stress.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM

You probably won't like my answer. If he wants to be involved 50/50 in the childs life and is a good father, I don't think there should be any child support.

mommadana
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM

If you can prove that his hours have been cut just to evade CS then he's screwed.  About the insurance, all it means is that he doesn't have to reimburse YOU for insurance. In most cases you and he split the medical costs 50/50 for out of posket expenses but the other party has to pay in full and then collect reimbursement. I would get in touch with your attorney about the work hours and they can do what they need to on their end.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:43 PM
my son is 2 months old and he has never seen him and constantly threatens to hurt him

Quoting Anonymous:

You probably won't like my answer. If he wants to be involved 50/50 in the childs life and is a good father, I don't think there should be any child support.

unspecified42
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Your child shouldn't be on Medicaid if he can pay for private insurance. The amount each parent pays for health insurance for the child is factored into child support amount, so that could impact the amount of cash you receive, yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:44 PM
none in writing yet im working on it though.he has never seen ds and doesnt want to be involved at all

Quoting Anonymous:

What kind of custody arrangement do you have?

Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:44 PM

insurance has nothing to do with the child support amount. They're 2 separate issues.

unspecified42
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Maybe in your state, but not all of them.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

insurance has nothing to do with the child support amount. They're 2 separate issues.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)