Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sometimes I wonder

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 6 Replies

If my mother in law has some sort of mental issue. Most of the time her and I are best friends I really do like her a lot before I type this.

Somtimes I wonder if she has some mental problem because some visits all she does is crtique me on how I raise her grandson. Other times like this last visit I'm the greatest DIL, mom and wife to her son >.< I never know when I go if I'll be awesome at everything I do or not lol. I know it seems odd since shes like that we're best friends but this occurs when we are in her home. We go shopping, scrapbooking conventions ect together and we have so much fun. It's just when we are sitting around her home she either spends it critiqueing or praising.

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NoahandEliza
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:56 PM
My mil is sort of like that. Does your dh have sisters? It's always after she's been around her daughters, who walk on water, that she gets testy with me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Yes he has 1 sister who also can do no wrong. She is the best mother that ever was! Second to my MIL of course. The funny thing is when I was meeting his mother for the first time my husband said to me "I don't want her to hurt your feelings so I'm going to tell you now she will never think youre good enough. My mother thinks she is the greatest women to ever live and nobody will ever be good enough for her sons. So please don't get upset if she doesn't approve of you" My husband is now actually surprised how well we get along. Apparently no other girl he's dated has been able to be her friend because she hated them. So i feel good that I do better than the others he's been with.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

My mil is sort of like that. Does your dh have sisters? It's always after she's been around her daughters, who walk on water, that she gets testy with me.

weddingcountdown.com

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Pay attention to when she gets her meds filled, those are the days you're good by the time it's up for a refill that's when you are critqued! Lol jk

CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Lol this made me giggle

Quoting Anonymous:

Pay attention to when she gets her meds filled, those are the days you're good by the time it's up for a refill that's when you are critqued! Lol jk

weddingcountdown.com

NoahandEliza
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol, that's almost the same speech I got from my dh! He's told me I'm the only girl he's ever been with that both of his parents like (I said that's because I'm the only woman he's ever been with that isn't trashy, lol). I actually think it's because we're genuinely happy together and they can see that. Plus, mil talks CONSTANTLY and his dad appreciates that I'm a quiet person!

Quoting CJsMommy92:

Yes he has 1 sister who also can do no wrong. She is the best mother that ever was! Second to my MIL of course. The funny thing is when I was meeting his mother for the first time my husband said to me "I don't want her to hurt your feelings so I'm going to tell you now she will never think youre good enough. My mother thinks she is the greatest women to ever live and nobody will ever be good enough for her sons. So please don't get upset if she doesn't approve of you" My husband is now actually surprised how well we get along. Apparently no other girl he's dated has been able to be her friend because she hated them. So i feel good that I do better than the others he's been with.

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CJsMommy92
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:03 PM

0.0 good lord we're so alike in our relatioships with our in laws and heck our husbands. My husband dated a lot of trash before me. My husband and I have been best friends since I was 11 or 12. I'm 20 now :p We are so incredibley happy together!

Quoting NoahandEliza:

Lol, that's almost the same speech I got from my dh! He's told me I'm the only girl he's ever been with that both of his parents like (I said that's because I'm the only woman he's ever been with that isn't trashy, lol). I actually think it's because we're genuinely happy together and they can see that. Plus, mil talks CONSTANTLY and his dad appreciates that I'm a quiet person!

Quoting CJsMommy92:

Quoting NoahandEliza:

weddingcountdown.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)