Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my whole life all I ever wanted was to be a mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
and now that I am I cant stand it. the weekends my kid is at his dads and I dont have to worry about how late in out, trying to find a babysitter for work, what I watch on tv etc im happier. im not stressed when he is gone yet when he is here it is a giant anxiety attack. I love my son dont get me wrong, but. missed out on being young and dumb and careless and selfish.

some days I want to give him away....
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:02 PM
... but I know I cant. his dad suggested that he take custody and it hurt me. I flipped out. I want my kid with me but I feel like I lost everything about ME.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:07 PM
6 moms liked this

You obviously missed the part about being a mom when you basically stop living for yourself and live for your kids. That's what being a mom is. It's giving up everything for your kids. That doesn't mean you can't use a break bc its a tough job. You probably were too young. You need some perspective. I get frustrated sometimes bc I have 2 special needs kids, but sometimes something will happen that teachs you to appreciate what you have when you have it. I hope you learn to deal before you have to learn that lesson.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:17 PM
thats the thing I gave up every parr of me for him. and im burned out. I dont get a break. after he gets on the school bus I cry in the shower for hours in cold water. I only get out of bed because I have to. and because I use the weekends he is at his dads to get OT at work I cant even go out to dinner with my girlfriends with out bringing him along. they all leave their kids with their hubbys because they dont want kids around at those dinners, meaning I.no longer get invited.... it sucks. im depressed and I want one part of myself back....

Quoting Anonymous:

You obviously missed the part about being a mom when you basically stop living for yourself and live for your kids. That's what being a mom is. It's giving up everything for your kids. That doesn't mean you can't use a break bc its a tough job. You probably were too young. You need some perspective. I get frustrated sometimes bc I have 2 special needs kids, but sometimes something will happen that teachs you to appreciate what you have when you have it. I hope you learn to deal before you have to learn that lesson.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I never wanted kids. I just never saw myself doing it until I got pregnant with my oldest, who is now 5yrs old. 

My exDH and I are obviously no longer together and my kids visit him 3 weekends out of the month. I don't have a choice, I have to let him have my kids for that time.

Sometimes when they are being bad I can't wait for them to go to thier das house so I can have quiet...but when they are gone I miss them so much. And they are only gone for 48hrs.

So, sorry, I can't relate.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Maybe you should see a doc for possible depression.

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you're just on mommy overload and need a break. I'm sorry Hun.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sugareemommee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM
4 moms liked this
That's sad. I understand needing a break - but you get one. Most of us don't.
LovelyMommy24
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Have you ever been checked out for depression or your anxiety? That may help you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Time to get you back! I was kinda going thru the same thing, but ds didn't leave for the weekend.But in 7 years, I lost who I was. I didn't like that and it made me worse!

I'm trying to become me again, with 'mom' sprinkled in... Not mom with 'em' sprinkled on. One day, he'll have his own life, then what? I'm getting mine back now. I don't ignore him or anything... But its nice getting back on the keyboard, back to reading, drawing, etc
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:48 PM
not really that "break" is just makes it easier to work a 12 hour shift and not pay out the ass for a babysitter. you can ask your hubby to watch your kids so you can get your nails done or go get dinner with friends. I cant.

Quoting sugareemommee:

That's sad. I understand needing a break - but you get one. Most of us don't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)