Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you do it for your SO?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
I've had people tell me I'm nuts, but my SO works from 4pm til anywhere from 1230am to 230am. He calls me on his way home and I wake up and make him something to eat and talk with him for a little then we go to bed. I get back up at 7am to get 2 kids on the school bus, take care of my 3yr old during the day. When SO is leaving for work I'm leaving to get kids off the bus, cook dinner, help with homework, give baths and go to bed.. oh, and I'm 5mos pregnant. Would you do this or am I crazy?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I would have a hard time sustaining this for any length of time while pregnant.  I need my sleep to function. 

If you are really young or particularly energetic, maybe you can pull it off (and I'm in awe). 

aandt1999
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:28 PM

If it works for you guys that's great. Keeping each other happy is important. I would do it if mine wanted me to.

An0nym0use
by Rock Lobster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Shit, good on you. But no way in hell would I do that for my DH. I know someone who would wake up at 400 am to make her husband a huge breakfast and iron all his clothes before he left for work. She had to stop after a couple of years of this because she had two young babies (a 2 year old and newborn) on top of her school aged kids. This caused huge issues in their marriage.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Well its ok if you are doing it b/c YOU want to do it, or b/c he WANTS you to do it and you rather not... i wouldnt do that at all.  my husband did work the late shift like that for a few months and he would respect me enough to let me sleep and not bother me.  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I'm 29.. I love sleeping especially while pregnant .. I'm usually asleep by 9pm, then wake up when he calls.

Quoting TranquilMind:

I would have a hard time sustaining this for any length of time while pregnant.  I need my sleep to function. 

If you are really young or particularly energetic, maybe you can pull it off (and I'm in awe). 

CarlyK23
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I do the same thing. Except no school yet. But my hubby is on call 24-7 so whenever he is called in I get up to make his lunch and see him off and then whenever he gets home I make him something to eat and usually shower with him before we go back to sleep. I'm due on e 31st of this month. 

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM

you're crazy lol

I wouldn't do this, but that is because I have insomnia, so I sleep when I can

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM
He never really asks me to, but he works hard for us so I figure its the least I can do..

Quoting aphrodite7400:

Well its ok if you are doing it b/c YOU want to do it, or b/c he WANTS you to do it and you rather not... i wouldnt do that at all.  my husband did work the late shift like that for a few months and he would respect me enough to let me sleep and not bother me.  lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Quoting An0nym0use:

Shit, good on you. But no way in hell would I do that for my DH. I know someone who would wake up at 400 am to make her husband a huge breakfast and iron all his clothes before he left for work. She had to stop after a couple of years of this because she had two young babies (a 2 year old and newborn) on top of her school aged kids. This caused huge issues in their marriage.

I knew a girl like that. She'd wake up at like 5 am just to make him breakfast and whatever and then go to sleep. But she was Russian, and she explained to me that it was a very normal thing in Russia. I kind of decided then that I didn't want to marry a Russian man because I could never pull that off lol

M0M0F03
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:44 PM

My husband gets up at 4:30 for work. I give him a kiss (from bed...lol) and that is it. If I could sleep through the alarm, I would :)

Whatever works for you is all that matters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured