Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I would give up a child with special needs for adoption.....I know, I'm evil, but that's my confession.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I don't have the patience to raise a child like that. If my son or daughter had been born with a deformity, or mental disease (that was detectable at that young age) I would have given them up. No questions asked. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Replies (31-40):
20Keller12
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM
You're not evil or weak. You are a very mature woman to recognize that you could not (for whatever reason) care for a special needs child and would be strong enough to give the child to someone who could. Kudos to you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM

It's not about love.  Don't be ignorant.

Quoting cat405:

There are always risks, as a mother you are supposed to love your kids no matter what. Don't want a special needs baby, don't risk it.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not selfish.  She's admitting she can't handle it.  I know one or two moms who should've given their kids up for adoption, the kids would have been better off.

Quoting cat405:

I hope these ladies eat you alive... SELFISH.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I would also abort if I found out there was something wrong and unfixable with my child. I am definitely not strong enough, not strong enough for adoption either, no way I could go 9 months bonding with a child then give it away. much respect to the mamas who take care of their special needs children!
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:51 PM
And she's one of the cutest babies I know!

Quoting sadiebug1228:

My daughter has a lot of developmental delays and is the love of my life! Yes it's harder but I wouldn't change it for the world!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Some mothers love their child enough to give them to someone who can give that child a better life.

Quoting cat405:

There are always risks, as a mother you are supposed to love your kids no matter what. Don't want a special needs baby, don't risk it.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not selfish.  She's admitting she can't handle it.  I know one or two moms who should've given their kids up for adoption, the kids would have been better off.

Quoting cat405:

I hope these ladies eat you alive... SELFISH.

Anonymous

I'll do what I see fit, and it's none of your business.

Quoting cat405:

There are always risks with pregnancy. Don't want a kid with special needs, don't get pregnant. Why set that child up to feel unwanted by its own mother?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would too, and it's far from SELFISH to give a child a better life.

Anonymous
5 moms liked this
Many special needs babies are not adopted and live in the foster system not getting the therapies and treatments they truly need. If you can't handle the prospect of something going wrong you really shouldn't risk it.
cat405
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM
7 moms liked this
Reading these horrid responses literally made me sick. You women are ugly. You are supposed to love you kids, not give them away or kill them because they are different.
sadiebug1228
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Aww :) thank you!!

Quoting southern.momof2:

And she's one of the cutest babies I know!

Quoting sadiebug1228:

My daughter has a lot of developmental delays and is the love of my life! Yes it's harder but I wouldn't change it for the world!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cat405
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd go anon too if I was as horrible as you are.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'll do what I see fit, and it's none of your business.

Quoting cat405:

There are always risks with pregnancy. Don't want a kid with special needs, don't get pregnant. Why set that child up to feel unwanted by its own mother?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would too, and it's far from SELFISH to give a child a better life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)