Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does Texas Medicaid cover....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A newborn circumcision??? 

I'm due with my first in May. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Why don't you keep your bitchy comments to yourself! Not everyone gets pregnant on purpose and it may not be the best time for them,but that doesn't mean their going to abort the child! Everyone has different circumstances when they get pregnant and if they have the option to get help why not take that help?

Quoting Anonymous:

why did you get pregnant with no means to provide??    ask them to fix you too, while they're up there!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Yes they do. All my sons are circumsised and all had medicaid as either a secondary or primary. I am in Texas.
soon2bmomof3619
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this

They shouldn't, even if they do. I could not bring my self to cut off a very sensitive piece of my sons penis.

No it is not cleaner to circumcise, it's just easier of their parents so they don't have to teach their child hygeine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Then don't circumcise YOUR kid, and don't worry about what I do with mine. 

Lol this wasn't a "give me your opinions on circumcisions" post. 

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

They shouldn't, even if they do. I could not bring my self to cut off a very sensitive piece of my sons penis.

No it is not cleaner to circumcise, it's just easier of their parents so they don't have to teach their child hygeine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

STFU you unfortunately ignorant troll. If you have nothing useful to provide to my post, say nothing at all. How pathetic. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

why did you get pregnant with no means to provide??    ask them to fix you too, while they're up there!

model1000mom
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Normally no. It will not pay for infant circumcision as that is not a necessary medical procedure. It will not pay for any circumcision done for cosmetic reasons.

However, Medicaid will cover circumcision when it is medically necessary, for example when an adult male has phimosis, a chronic constriction of the foreskin that prevents normal functioning of the penis.

Tue Jan 2, 2007 9:37 pm (PST)

Texas Joins 14 Other States in Dropping Circumcision from Medicaid
Funding

The second largest state in the union has joined California, Oregon,
Washington, Florida and other states in saying "no" to circumcision.

In a move that will save taxpayers millions of dollars, Texas
stopped paying for CPT code 54150 circumcisions in 2006.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Thank you :) We are just recently on medicaid due to some unfortunate TEMPORARY circumstances. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you keep your bitchy comments to yourself! Not everyone gets pregnant on purpose and it may not be the best time for them,but that doesn't mean their going to abort the child! Everyone has different circumstances when they get pregnant and if they have the option to get help why not take that help?

Quoting Anonymous:

ans11950
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
It covered mine, but I'm in Wisconsin. I never thought that some states didn't..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pinkysmommy720
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Only if it is medically necessary. They used to, though.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM

As soneone who has had both sons circ's, don't get it done. I was very uneducated when I did it. I did not research back then, it never occurred to me to do so. Please, please really look into it. My dh is uncirc'd, and he has never had issues with it. There is no bad smell (I had always heard that uncirc'd men had a bad smell), he washes it several times a day and has always known how to care for it on his own.

If I were to have another son, and if I could go back in time, I would never consent to a circ.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)