Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does Texas Medicaid cover....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A newborn circumcision??? 

I'm due with my first in May. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Some ppl are just so rude and don't even consider what could be going on in someone else's life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you :) We are just recently on medicaid due to some unfortunate TEMPORARY circumstances. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you keep your bitchy comments to yourself! Not everyone gets pregnant on purpose and it may not be the best time for them,but that doesn't mean their going to abort the child! Everyone has different circumstances when they get pregnant and if they have the option to get help why not take that help?

Quoting Anonymous:

why did you get pregnant with no means to provide??    ask them to fix you too, while they're up there!

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I had Medicaid and they Didnt for my son last year. But we live In mississippi
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I don't know about Texas, but Illinois does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Don't concern yourself with what I do with MY sons penis. 

CREEPY

Quoting Anonymous:

Just leave his dick alone!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I KNOW IT. Such replies are to be expected in MC though. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Some ppl are just so rude and don't even consider what could be going on in someone else's life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you :) We are just recently on medicaid due to some unfortunate TEMPORARY circumstances. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Why don't you keep your bitchy comments to yourself! Not everyone gets pregnant on purpose and it may not be the best time for them,but that doesn't mean their going to abort the child! Everyone has different circumstances when they get pregnant and if they have the option to get help why not take that help?

Quoting Anonymous:

why did you get pregnant with no means to provide??    ask them to fix you too, while they're up there!

soon2bmomof3619
by Tinkerbell on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I'm not really worried about what you decide to do to your kid, I don't circ. It's his penis, therefore his choice, if he wants to when he's older he will. My Grandfather decided he wanted to get circ'd at 23, his choice, and he ended up regretting it. I also know plenty of circ'd men that are angry with their parents for taking that choice from them.

And you posted about circumcision on a public opinion forum, asking whether medicaid in TX allows it or not, I stated they shouldn't. I also don't believe they do, most states don't anymore because it is not medically necessary. Massachusetts and New Hampshire do cover it, in fact they push for it (or at least my DSs Drs did). They didn't like my refusal to circ much. North Carolina does not. I don't know about the state I live in now, nor will I ever need to know because I don't circ.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then don't circumcise YOUR kid, and don't worry about what I do with mine. 

Lol this wasn't a "give me your opinions on circumcisions" post. 

Quoting soon2bmomof3619:

They shouldn't, even if they do. I could not bring my self to cut off a very sensitive piece of my sons penis.

No it is not cleaner to circumcise, it's just easier of their parents so they don't have to teach their child hygeine.

sidneyb
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM
My son was circd in TX in 2008 he had Medicaid
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Not true both my sons were circumsized in 2010 and 2012

Quoting model1000mom:

Normally no. It will not pay for infant circumcision as that is not a necessary medical procedure. It will not pay for any circumcision done for cosmetic reasons.

However, Medicaid will cover circumcision when it is medically necessary, for example when an adult male has phimosis, a chronic constriction of the foreskin that prevents normal functioning of the penis.

Tue Jan 2, 2007 9:37 pm (PST)

Texas Joins 14 Other States in Dropping Circumcision from Medicaid
Funding

The second largest state in the union has joined California, Oregon,
Washington, Florida and other states in saying "no" to circumcision.

In a move that will save taxpayers millions of dollars, Texas
stopped paying for CPT code 54150 circumcisions in 2006.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:42 PM

You live in Tx??? I have medicaid superior. Don't know if that makes a difference. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not true both my sons were circumsized in 2010 and 2012

Quoting model1000mom:

Normally no. It will not pay for infant circumcision as that is not a necessary medical procedure. It will not pay for any circumcision done for cosmetic reasons.

However, Medicaid will cover circumcision when it is medically necessary, for example when an adult male has phimosis, a chronic constriction of the foreskin that prevents normal functioning of the penis.

Tue Jan 2, 2007 9:37 pm (PST)

Texas Joins 14 Other States in Dropping Circumcision from Medicaid
Funding

The second largest state in the union has joined California, Oregon,
Washington, Florida and other states in saying "no" to circumcision.

In a move that will save taxpayers millions of dollars, Texas
stopped paying for CPT code 54150 circumcisions in 2006.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)