Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does Texas Medicaid cover....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

A newborn circumcision??? 

I'm due with my first in May. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Yup I had amerigroup medicaid

Quoting Anonymous:

You live in Tx??? I have medicaid superior. Don't know if that makes a difference. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Not true both my sons were circumsized in 2010 and 2012

Quoting model1000mom:

Normally no. It will not pay for infant circumcision as that is not a necessary medical procedure. It will not pay for any circumcision done for cosmetic reasons.

However, Medicaid will cover circumcision when it is medically necessary, for example when an adult male has phimosis, a chronic constriction of the foreskin that prevents normal functioning of the penis.

Tue Jan 2, 2007 9:37 pm (PST)

Texas Joins 14 Other States in Dropping Circumcision from Medicaid
Funding

The second largest state in the union has joined California, Oregon,
Washington, Florida and other states in saying "no" to circumcision.

In a move that will save taxpayers millions of dollars, Texas
stopped paying for CPT code 54150 circumcisions in 2006.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I just had my ds is January in Texas. He's circed, Medicaid covered it.
superwoman8977
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM

They covered my son's in 1998 and again in 2002 but I am in Indiana.  I am so glad we got our boys circed. It has made life so much easier.

Mom2KIL
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM
North Carolina does not when they are in the hospital but a lot of peds will do it in their office at the first check up. I used to work at social services as a Medicaid income maintenance worker. There should be a number on your card that you can call and ask. Or call the pediatrician's office that you intend to use.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KMadsen
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM

this.

Quoting shortycmlb:

Probably but I hope to god you do your research first.

I believe that when you find love, you hold onto it and cherish it because there is nothing finer, and it may never come again. -Mr. Feeny
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM
That was unnecessary. Some employers don't/won't/can't provide health insurance and some people can't afford private insurance. I had a good job when I was pregnant with my first but they didn't provide maternity insurance and the premiums for private insurance was more than I could afford so the only other choice I had was Medicaid. Stop being so judgemental.

Quoting Anonymous:

why did you get pregnant with no means to provide??    ask them to fix you too, while they're up there!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Oh, yeah...it's soooo creepy. How about, quit asking for the taxpayer's money to mutilate your son's penis,,,and talking about it online? CREEPY!

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't concern yourself with what I do with MY sons penis. 

CREEPY

Quoting Anonymous:

Just leave his dick alone!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Yes. It will also cover getting your tubes tied, Ensure (spelling), and even a IUD after you have the baby. If none of those are options, you can still get a prescription for a years worth of birth control at your 6 week postpartum appointment.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I don't think she is the one who can't pay her own damn bills.

Quoting Anonymous:

STFU you unfortunately ignorant troll. If you have nothing useful to provide to my post, say nothing at all. How pathetic. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

why did you get pregnant with no means to provide??    ask them to fix you too, while they're up there!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM

HAHA damn you have some serious issues!! Pathetic. Yeah bitch, it IS creepy of you to be so concerned with what other mothers choose to do with THEIR children. If you can't simply answer the question (which was obviously too difficult for you) don't bother posting anything at all. ESP stuff about mutilation. You're just making yourself look psychotic, ANON. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, yeah...it's soooo creepy. How about, quit asking for the taxpayer's money to mutilate your son's penis,,,and talking about it online? CREEPY!

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't concern yourself with what I do with MY sons penis. 

CREEPY

Quoting Anonymous:

Just leave his dick alone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)