Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can house be disgusting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 151 Replies
If the trash has been taken out. No dishes in the sink. Maybe 3 loads laundry needs to be done. But the floors are not mopped and or swept in like 2 wks. And the carpet was vacaumed Sunday My dh thinks our home is gross. But i think he is way overreacting. We have zero clutter bc I'm actually anti keeping random shit. Ugh I am not a maid. And he needs to pick his priorities. Not everything can be done. I guess it could if he wants all that done all the time. Let him do it. The man never comes home to dishes. Or trash. So he needs to get over it. Thanks for listening
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM
8 moms liked this

Not swept in 2 weeks? Not vacuumed in days... Do you have small kids? Pets? Allow shoes on in your home? That could be pretty gross! 

FL2AK
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this
It really doesn't take much time to have clean floors and do laundry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
..MoonShine..
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM
3 moms liked this
To me, an unclean floor is disgusting. I vacuum daily and mop at least twice a week. It doesn't take that long...
notabosley
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM
I agree

Quoting Blueliner:

Not swept in 2 weeks? Not vacuumed in days... Do you have small kids? Pets? Allow shoes on in your home? That could be pretty gross! 

rockgal81
by Steph on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:44 PM
3 moms liked this
I think your floors might be pretty disgusting if you haven't swept or mopped in 2 weeks...gross!
brittney28
by Brittney on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Dirty floors gross me out.
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Why havent you swept and mopped the floors?

Seriously, depending on how big your house is, that could take 30 minutes tops, on a big house.

In mine.. it takes me 10 minutes...

In my parents 3 story home, it used to take me 30 minutes.

Theres no excuse, clean you're hosue

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I do have 2 dogs and a 4 yr old. I struggle with sweeping. Sometimes I sweep. For an hour. Then I come back and there is still more to sweep. I need to find the motivation.

Quoting Blueliner:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:47 PM
I woulde LOVE to vacuum once a day and mop only twice a week. I have two 1 year olds and Im constantly mopping and vacuuming! Lol I cant wait til the days when I dont have to do it that often anymore lol

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

To me, an unclean floor is disgusting. I vacuum daily and mop at least twice a week. It doesn't take that long...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:47 PM
18 moms liked this
He's over reacting.... And so is everyone else who has commented.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)