Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So my step-daughter is pregnant...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
And honestly, I'm not shocked at all. She has been extremely rebellious since about the age of nine when she was diagnosed bi-polar, borderline personality disorder and borderline schizophrenic. She has an amazing talent in lying and can give you the most bullshit story's that you can't help but believe... Like its your responsibility as parent to follow up even if they could be lying. It's insane.

Anyway, year before last we got custody of her because she got expelled from regular school for drugs, and expelled from alternate high school for having sex... At school. Then she got kicked out of an all girls boarding school for cutting with her roommate, she now has scars all on in underside of her arm.

Anyway... After all that happened she gave us all this BS about get mom neglecting her and allowing her cousin to molest her. How her mom would leave her at home for days, locked in with out a phone or a way to get out if the house. She made serious accusations.

My DH and I had to believe her. As parents, we are expected to trust now, as questions later.

So, we get custody of her, during the time we had temporary custody after she ran away from her mom, she was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better teenager. I kid you not though, the week after we got full custody, she got suspended from school for brining spice to school. Over the next three months, she had brought 13...13!!!!! Different boys over to the house. There were rumors about her being a ho all over school. Two boys got in a fight on our front lawn.

I begged her to get on birth control. I wanted her to get Depo or an IUD... Something that took responsibility away. She refused and got the pill. I KNEW that she wouldn't freaking take it correctly.

She is in absolutely no shape to be anyone's mother. We've been discussing her options. DH and I are both prolife and told her that if she wants an abortion she'll have to get the money elsewhere. We told her that we would support adoption privately, or we could do an open adoption and dh and I would adopt the baby.

I will not help her raise the baby though. I won't do the hard stuff in the beginning and allow her to come sweeping in a few years from now and demand that she be the baby's mom. My mom had that happen with my adopted brother and it was a horrible experience.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:42 PM
How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:43 PM
18, but she hasn't finished a single year of high school... Isn't even trying to get a job. Live in a two bedroom apartment with 8 people.

She's a mess.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
livric
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM

how old is she and how far along??  does she know who the father is??

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

shes 18. shes adult. time for a job, and an apartment. keep watch, and if shes a danger to the baby, then go from there.

needadvice1983
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Your plan sounds good to me. But are you 100% sure she is pregnant? If she is such a good lier I'd make her pee on a stick while I watched. 

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:47 PM

What is the big difference between you two adopting the baby and helping her raise the baby?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Oh wow, she sounds so much like my SD minus the baby, however I did hear through the grapevine she had several abortions I'm prolife as well and that is probably why she never told us.  She's an adult now and the lying, stealing and manipulation hasn't stopped and I doubt it ever will.  

tlcory
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Good point!

Quoting needadvice1983:

Your plan sounds good to me. But are you 100% sure she is pregnant? If she is such a good lier I'd make her pee on a stick while I watched. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Control.

Quoting jenmomx3:

What is the big difference between you two adopting the baby and helping her raise the baby?

LectioDivina
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Quoting jenmomx3:

It's still her baby (the mother's)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN