Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Money does not make life perfect!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

My mother and father groomed me to marry someone wealthy. Things went as planned and I am married to a neurosurgeon. He makes a lot of money and I have never wanted for anything since being with him. I am a high school teacher, by choice, and many of my coworkers think I have the life. I don't though. My life is a mess.

My son is facing legal troubles for a huge party all of the life guards at the YMCA threw. There was underage drinking and let's just say that my son was not one of the good kids who declined the alcohol. No ma'am, he got charged. On top of that I'm getting a divorce and not only do I have to be upset with my son for underage drinking but I also have to be gentle with him because my soon to be ex husband is not here for our son like he should be. Since we are divorcing he doesn't want to be home as much as possible and when he is, he likes to stay locked away in his study. 

Life is not fun. I have a closet full of pretty clothes, a big house, a beautiful car to drive to school every day, and  with all of that I've got tons of loneliness and stress. 

No big point to be made here except that money does not buy happiness as I'm sure you've heard a million times. And on top of that; being sad in a sports car is just as bad as being sad in a dinky old car.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand what you are saying. Now imagine that you have all of those troubles AND don't have enough money to pay all your bills. You have to admit that money does ease certain hardships. But you are right , your life can still suck.

You come off a little entitled, OP. I'm sure you have heard your colleagues talking about money being tight.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother and father groomed me to marry someone wealthy. Things went as planned and I am married to a neurosurgeon. He makes a lot of money and I have never wanted for anything since being with him. I am a high school teacher, by choice, and many of my coworkers think I have the life. I don't though. My life is a mess.

My son is facing legal troubles for a huge party all of the life guards at the YMCA threw. There was underage drinking and let's just say that my son was not one of the good kids who declined the alcohol. No ma'am, he got charged. On top of that I'm getting a divorce and not only do I have to be upset with my son for underage drinking but I also have to be gentle with him because my soon to be ex husband is not here for our son like he should be. Since we are divorcing he doesn't want to be home as much as possible and when he is, he likes to stay locked away in his study. 

Life is not fun. I have a closet full of pretty clothes, a big house, a beautiful car to drive to school every day, and  with all of that I've got tons of loneliness and stress. 

No big point to be made here except that money does not buy happiness as I'm sure you've heard a million times. And on top of that; being sad in a sports car is just as bad as being sad in a dinky old car.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Maybe you need to rethink your parenting skills.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd rather wipe my tears with $100 bills, than Puffs with Lotion.
tennisgal
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM

hugs

sorry to hear that momma

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM
3 moms liked this
May not buy happiness, but it sure as fuck makes being miserable more comfortable.
Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Hope things get better for you OP. Your right though...money does not mean happiness. Hugs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Just be glad you have the money to actually do all of that?

Most women in your situation are stuck there because they financially cannot leave.

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

The difference is, at least when you have the money to pay all the bills without having to stress what necessity you have to go without to buy enough food for the month, you can go to bed at night and not chew your lips into hamburger over that extra stress. I've been homeless and dealing with all sorts of issues that felt way out of my depth. I'd much rather have had the money paired with those problems. It has it's perks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm...your problems, while still hard for you, are not caused because you have money.

Like a pp said, imagine all that plus struggling to put food on the table or to get a lawyer for your son....
FL2AK
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I am sorry that your life is crazy right now. Don't cut your son any slack though just because his father is being a jerk. I hope things get better for you.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN