Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Should I leave my husband?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
He's HORRIBLE with money. We are passed due on electricity, water, cable, rent and rent a center. He makes more than enough to pay it all, he just sucks with money. He pulls all the money out of the bank and takes it with him to work. He can't explain where $200 went in 2 days (he's a truck driver).
All the bills are in my name so by him not paying, it screws up my credit!
On the 29th I get $2352 but I don't have a job (student loans). If I left I could get a little apartment and pay quite a bit of rent (maybe an all bills paid apartment?) and try to find a job.
I'm tired of being behind, I don't want my kids (his kids, too) to grow up like I did (water/gas/electricity always being shut off and always being evicted)
So, should I leave him?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wilesmomma
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Do you want to?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Can you take over the finances and pay the bills?
spooky415
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
take over them. that's what i did. then i taught him how to be financially responsible. now we don't have these problems.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Why don't you tell him that you want to be in charge of the finances? Have you tried that? It makes more sense for you to do it anyway if he is on the road a lot.
Redbrandoni
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Wouldn't it be easier if you kept track and made sure they were paid on time by writing the checks?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Tried it but its hard when he takes the money out of the account and keeps it to himself. Ds and I are sitting here hungry and he's out smoking, drinking cokes and energy drinks and eating whatever he wants.

Quoting AnHpuresugar:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Tried it but he takes all the money

Quoting Redbrandoni:

Wouldn't it be easier if you kept track and made sure they were paid on time by writing the checks?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I've tried that but he started draining the bank account and taking the cash with him. He doesn't leave anything for me to pay bills with.

Quoting Aleta775:

Why don't you tell him that you want to be in charge of the finances? Have you tried that? It makes more sense for you to do it anyway if he is on the road a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Well ontop of being horrible with money, he emotionally abusive.

Quoting wilesmomma:

Do you want to?

AnHpuresugar
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Ouch. That's a whole other issue. I would leave a man that knowingly spent all the money on himself and let my child be hungry.

Quoting Anonymous:

Tried it but its hard when he takes the money out of the account and keeps it to himself. Ds and I are sitting here hungry and he's out smoking, drinking cokes and energy drinks and eating whatever he wants.

Quoting AnHpuresugar:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)