Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please tell me it gets easier

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 82 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have an 18 month old child and recently had another. The newest wasn't planned but we talked it over and decided that having them this close together is a blessing and would be tough at first, but was what we wanted and what would be the best choice for our ideal family. Fast forward to now: I'm not feeling it. Maybe it's the hormones or the fact I suffered from pretty bad PPD with my last. It 'went away' when I got pregnant again, maybe due to hormones. Who knows.

Overall, I feel very optimistic about the future. Our kids will be close, go to school around the same time and it's the way we pictured ourselves being. In this moment, the last few days, I feel like I'm not so sure. I'm a very selfish person and really enjoy my own hobbies and I like to put a lot of time and effort into our marriage. I know. I chose to have kids. I love them very much. I just can't shake the feeling that maybe I made the wrong choice. I keep this thought on repeat like a broken record in my mind: "This too shall pass, enjoy every moment because they grow up so fast." 

I guess I'm just speaking out of loneliness: DH and I haven't been able to sleep together for a long time; we've been taking shifts with the baby. I feel pretty detached from reality right now - like I'm stuck in a time warp.

Does any of this make sense?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Deshonsmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:57 PM
3 moms liked this
Makes lots of sense and yes, it gets easier. Hang in there, mama! (Hugs)
Christy_517
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:58 PM
It absolutely does get better! My girls are 17 months apart. The first four months were the hardest and it was a breeze after that. Good luck :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Big hugs for you mama. Do you have anyone who can help you.

MooreBoysMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM
It took me a year to get into the swing of things. Mine are 22 months apart. Hang in there...

My boys are best friends and even in a group setting always choose to be together....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Parker612
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Yes. I have a 4 mo old and a soon to be 2 yr old. It is challenging. But they are starting to like each other more and more everyday and it just melts my heart when I see them smile at each other or sleep next to each other. Those first few weeks were very rough for me. Dh works 7p-7a 3-4 nights a week and didn't get any time off since the baby came. I was an emotional mess. But after the baby blues passed and the baby started sleeping all night (minus nursing) it got better. Dh tries to help out when he's not working or sleeping too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM

My kids are 12 months apart in age and yes, it does get easier. They are now 7 & 8 years old. I love having them close together in age.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

jen_keiko
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM

my mom assures me having them close together makes it so much easier and that it'll pass. maybe go see someone just in case it's PPD again... it couldn't hurt. :) *HUGZ* you can do it!!

MalakbelLacuna
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
my two oldest are 2 and a half years apart and they are like best friends

Quoting jen_keiko:

my mom assures me having them close together makes it so much easier and that it'll pass. maybe go see someone just in case it's PPD again... it couldn't hurt. :) *HUGZ* you can do it!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:01 PM

My youngest is about to be 5, it just now got "easier". 0-3 is the hardest, it will get better. Do you have anyone who could babysit so you and your husband can get a break? Maybe plan a date night once a week/month for just the two of you, give yourself something to look forward to. Hang in there 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN