Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please tell me it gets easier

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have an 18 month old child and recently had another. The newest wasn't planned but we talked it over and decided that having them this close together is a blessing and would be tough at first, but was what we wanted and what would be the best choice for our ideal family. Fast forward to now: I'm not feeling it. Maybe it's the hormones or the fact I suffered from pretty bad PPD with my last. It 'went away' when I got pregnant again, maybe due to hormones. Who knows.

Overall, I feel very optimistic about the future. Our kids will be close, go to school around the same time and it's the way we pictured ourselves being. In this moment, the last few days, I feel like I'm not so sure. I'm a very selfish person and really enjoy my own hobbies and I like to put a lot of time and effort into our marriage. I know. I chose to have kids. I love them very much. I just can't shake the feeling that maybe I made the wrong choice. I keep this thought on repeat like a broken record in my mind: "This too shall pass, enjoy every moment because they grow up so fast." 

I guess I'm just speaking out of loneliness: DH and I haven't been able to sleep together for a long time; we've been taking shifts with the baby. I feel pretty detached from reality right now - like I'm stuck in a time warp.

Does any of this make sense?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Replies (81-82):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Every kid is so damn different that it's impossible to tell how things will turn out.

Quoting amandae21:

My middle child was 22 months when I got pregnant with my youngest. The youngest is now 11 months and the toddler will be three in May.

Has it gotten easier?? Hmm.... yes and no. The baby is really clingy by nature. My toddler has sensory processing problems which cause meltdowns. Take away these two things and yes, things would probably be easier. But in some aspects, things are harder now than they were when the baby was really little.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Ahhhh scary!! I admire you. That's quite the accomplishment.

Quoting lalaballet:

I had four four and under for nine months.  They were spaced 18 mos, 15 mos, and 14 mos, boy boy boy girl.

i totally know what you're going through, hang in there.  It will get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN