Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how do i fix our relationship?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
our main problem is comunication.we cant go to counseling we have been together for 6 years.we have a 4 year old and 2 year old
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:48 AM

did I post this?? Oh wait mine  are 5.5 and almost 3.  What helped us some is realizing that we speak different love languages such as for him he was hurt because I dont say I love you all the time and I was hurt that I have to constantly ask him to do something for me but what it was is his love language is that he needs to hear the words whereas I was showing him by making his favorite meals, buying what he likes to eat, bakings, doing various things.  For me him saying he loved me didnt have any meaning to me but when he helped out around the house is what did it for me, made me feel loved, etc. 

Another thing is to really fight over things that had real meaning versus if he didnt change the toilet paper roll after it was finished, etc.  Some men are also forgetful/visual and do actually need the honey-do list to get anything done.  My hubby would forget his head if it werent attached, so lists help him.

Remembering to turn off Mommy mode and switching back into Wife mode after the kids go to bed.  If you nag all the time, do you think he is going to want to rush home to see you?  Yes I need to work on some of these same issues as well.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)