Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i think i need

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I think I need new glasses, anytime I wear my current ones I get a headache, its like my vision changed yet again. This sucks glasses are expensive. I paid $350 for my current pair.

Is getting a headache when your wearing your prescription glasses a sign you need an eye appt sooner?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rocknmom85
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:09 PM

How long have you had that prescription? Honestly, i am cheap when it comes to glasses because I only where them for driving so it's not a big deal to me. I get mine from zennioptical.com, it costs between $20-50 and they are pretty good quality, esspecially for the price! Although, it sounds like you would need to go to the eye doctor first to get a new script :/

tkp003
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Yes it is it happens to me when I was younger in 5 years I went from a -1.5 to a -4.5 it totally sucks but I would always notice that I couldn't see leaves anymore and would get headaches. I'd go in and just get the lenses changed and keep the frames
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM

You can get cheap glasss on the internet. Clark Howard talks about some that are roughly $8 a pair. Just ask your dr for your prescription and shop around.

Blessedlife79
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:16 PM

If you go for an eye exam and get your RX you can get a free pair of glasses from coastal! I know lots of ppl who have gotten them! :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM
The prescription expires in sept, so almost two years.

Quoting rocknmom85:

How long have you had that prescription? Honestly, i am cheap when it comes to glasses because I only where them for driving so it's not a big deal to me. I get mine from zennioptical.com, it costs between $20-50 and they are pretty good quality, esspecially for the price! Although, it sounds like you would need to go to the eye doctor first to get a new script :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:41 PM
I could but I hate my glasses

Quoting tkp003:

Yes it is it happens to me when I was younger in 5 years I went from a -1.5 to a -4.5 it totally sucks but I would always notice that I couldn't see leaves anymore and would get headaches. I'd go in and just get the lenses changed and keep the frames
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I just ordered a pair from costco, frames and lenses, for $125.  the exam was an additional $39.  and yes, getting a headache when wearing your glasses could be a sign that your prescription has significantly changed.  I also found out that I'm actually doing damage when leaving my glasses on for close-up work.  since I have a problem seeing at a distance, I have a tendency to just leave my glasses on all the time so I don't lose them.  apparently I will end up needing bifocals sooner than I normally would if I don't start taking them off when I'm not actually using them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I'm supposed to wear mine all the time according to my prescription I'm near sighted in my left eye and far sighted in my right (weird I know) but I only wear them when I'm driving whoops

Quoting ff-princess:

I just ordered a pair from costco, frames and lenses, for $125.  the exam was an additional $39.  and yes, getting a headache when wearing your glasses could be a sign that your prescription has significantly changed.  I also found out that I'm actually doing damage when leaving my glasses on for close-up work.  since I have a problem seeing at a distance, I have a tendency to just leave my glasses on all the time so I don't lose them.  apparently I will end up needing bifocals sooner than I normally would if I don't start taking them off when I'm not actually using them.

tkp003
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM
I have Oakley frames I got from Sam's club the entire set 165 and that was top of the line lenses (since my eyes are so bad I would have bottle caps if I didn't) so I love mine but shop around I have to get my eyes checked every year so with yours almost being 2 years old I would def say you need new glasses

Quoting Anonymous:

I could but I hate my glasses

Quoting tkp003:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)