Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If two people in your household work FULL TIME, there should be no PA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 474 Replies
2 moms liked this

Even if two of you both had minimum wage jobs, you would make 30k a year together, bare minimum.  Most likely at least ONE of you would make a bit more than minimum wage, bringing it up higher than that.  I know most would not qualify for FS or much more(except WIC) on 30k. I understand if you are a single mom, but honestly, with two people working full time(and YES, you should be working full time if you are struggling) there would be less people on PA. So what is the problem? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kelly617
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
42 moms liked this

Sometimes you can't AFFORD to have both parents work
Daycare might (and usually does) cost more than someone would make at a min wage job...so it makes more sense to stay home with the kids and apply for aid

Thats why this country is so fucked up...people can't actually AFFORD to work...I know many people that it would actually cost them out of pocket to have a job because child care is so expensive.

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:29 PM
7 moms liked this

Quoting kelly617:

Daycare might (and usually does) cost more than someone would make at a min wage job...so it makes more sense to stay home with the kids and apply for aid

Thats why this country is so fucked up...people can't actually AFFORD to work...I know many people that it would actually cost them out of pocket to have a job because child care is so expensive.

But what doesn't make sense is to keep having kids you can't afford.  Or even to have ANY kids if you're only working a minimum wage job.  My daughter (19) makes more than minimum wage WHILE going to college!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM
9 moms liked this
Blah blah blah... Next topic!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:30 PM

another PA post? dafuque!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
6 moms liked this

I agree. 

And, if both parents are working and only making minimum wage, what business do you think you have, birthing children you can't properly care for?! Ludicrous. 

This is the age of entitlement, though.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Quoting kelly617:

But what doesn't make sense is to keep having kids you can't afford.  Or even to have ANY kids if you're only working a minimum wage job.  My daughter (19) makes more than minimum wage WHILE going to college!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
I get FS on 30k.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Agreed
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Blah Blah Blah. Another troll stirring the pot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Jesus Christ! Shut The Fuck Up!
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM
6 moms liked this

If they have 3 kids 30k still isn't enough. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN