Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If two people in your household work FULL TIME, there should be no PA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Even if two of you both had minimum wage jobs, you would make 30k a year together, bare minimum.  Most likely at least ONE of you would make a bit more than minimum wage, bringing it up higher than that.  I know most would not qualify for FS or much more(except WIC) on 30k. I understand if you are a single mom, but honestly, with two people working full time(and YES, you should be working full time if you are struggling) there would be less people on PA. So what is the problem? 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
6 moms liked this

You think $30,000 wouldn't qualify for fs?  And just so ya know, there are plenty of sob stories where the family was living comfortably, something happened, they spent their savings to survive, and had to turn to PA.  You think they should give up their kids?  Some people can't understand anything they haven't lived.  So sad.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Cost of living is different in different places which explains why some have more or less even with a salary of 30K.  If they do not meet the limits they will not qualify.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Abortion=taking the life of someone who has no choice

Responsible procreation=waiting to have children until you're financially stable.

Can you not see the difference?

Quoting Anonymous:

And yet I'm willing to bet in another post you're screaming "Abortion is Murder!"

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree. 

And, if both parents are working and only making minimum wage, what business do you think you have, birthing children you can't properly care for?! Ludicrous. 

This is the age of entitlement, though.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Quoting kelly617:

Sometimes you can't AFFORD to have both parents work
Daycare might (and usually does) cost more than someone would make at a min wage job...so it makes more sense to stay home with the kids and apply for aid

Thats why this country is so fucked up...people can't actually AFFORD to work...I know many people that it would actually cost them out of pocket to have a job because child care is so expensive.

But what doesn't make sense is to keep having kids you can't afford.  Or even to have ANY kids if you're only working a minimum wage job.  My daughter (19) makes more than minimum wage WHILE going to college!

Anonymous
We make to much for fs. I make 9 dollars an hour hubby makes 10.50.
Anonymous
5 moms liked this
Oh for fucks sake. Yes, because EVERYONE on PA waited until they were on PA to have kids. Heaven forbid people had kids and good jobs and then were LAID off because of budget cuts and whatnot. No, THAT COULD NEVER happen in this great and awesome economy.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Quoting kelly617:

Daycare might (and usually does) cost more than someone would make at a min wage job...so it makes more sense to stay home with the kids and apply for aid

Thats why this country is so fucked up...people can't actually AFFORD to work...I know many people that it would actually cost them out of pocket to have a job because child care is so expensive.

But what doesn't make sense is to keep having kids you can't afford.  Or even to have ANY kids if you're only working a minimum wage job.  My daughter (19) makes more than minimum wage WHILE going to college!

kelly617
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:35 PM
6 moms liked this

I make WAY more than min wage...and I still couldn't afford to have my kids in daycare
The child care in my area goes for $800 a month PER child (school aged) and I know its more for infants and toddlers

Should EVERYONE just stop having any kids?
Our family made it work..I work nights, DH works days...yah it sucks but once the kids are in school I'll switch back and we'll be normal again

I think this COUNTRY needs to change...In 1970 my mom made $3 an hour and her rent was $70 a month
40 yrs later my rent was $700 a month...do you think I'm making $30 an hour? cuz I'm not

The cost of living has gone up and up and up...and the rate of pay has not matched it even CLOSE.
So things need to change...pay needs to go up so that people can actually afford to be alive

Quoting Not_A_Native:

Quoting kelly617:

BabyFetus Ticker

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM
2 moms liked this
Good luck trying to find full time jobs
beatlelovermom
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM
No one cares what you think, anon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM
6 moms liked this

O.M.G. WHO CARES?

Why do people on this site care so much about who gets PA, what they use it for and how much they get? It sincerely does not affect your personal quality of life in ANY way. The $36 a YEAR that you pay into the system (if you are making $50k a year) is literally peanuts.

Stop worrying about what other people do and pay attention to the well being of your own family.

...and before I get the whole "must be on PA thing" I have never gotten one red cent of PA for anything. I just don't see why anyone cares. What boring lives you must live to constantly beat this dead horse. 

misskriss10
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM

It all depends on how many kids they have and the cost of living where they live. And yes, I know, "don't have kids you can't afford"...but what happens if they could afford the kids when they had them and then the economy hit them? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured