Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ever wonder what happened to the animals?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM
  • 14 Replies
Have you ever wondered what happens to the animals separated from their owners in disasters? I just finished watching a film called, "Mine," which followed the efforts of five families trying to get their dogs back after Katrina. It is available for streaming on Netflix. It's about an hour and a half long. Grab some tissues but its DEFINITELY worth the watch.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alf2651
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I just started watching it.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

EvaTheDiva29
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

some die, some get rescued, some turn wild. 

angelbabies11
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:26 PM
I'll have to watch that. Thanks!
MaryJarrett
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:28 PM
I know of a few people close to me who's pets were shot by the rescue workers. :( I live in Gulfport MS and travel to New Orleans fairly often-only a 45-60 min drive. Those were the stories that hurt me the most. Thanks for sharing that documentary title. I'll incorporate it into our homeschool lesson tomorrow so I can watch it. :)
mom2ljh
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:33 PM
I actually watched it for my Animals in Society class. I have to write a 500 word essay on it. But it made the stories so real. I was able to say, "What if that were me?" And really sympathize with the owners who had no choice but to leave their animals. One woman was actually physically pulled away from her dog. :-(

Quoting MaryJarrett:

I know of a few people close to me who's pets were shot by the rescue workers. :( I live in Gulfport MS and travel to New Orleans fairly often-only a 45-60 min drive. Those were the stories that hurt me the most. Thanks for sharing that documentary title. I'll incorporate it into our homeschool lesson tomorrow so I can watch it. :)

mom2ljh
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM
I wasn't legitimately asking what happens to them. I was suggesting people watch the documentary. It makes it so real. These people had no choice.

Quoting EvaTheDiva29:

some die, some get rescued, some turn wild. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM

My friends and family have been going through this for the months since Sandy.  The posts consume my FB feed, people looking for their lost animals.

mom2ljh
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:39 PM
How sad. :-(
I hope they're able to find, and be reunited with their animals.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

My friends and family have been going through this for the months since Sandy.  The posts consume my FB feed, people looking for their lost animals.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:40 PM

After the tornado hit Joplin, one family has continued searching for Hanah, their white American Bulldog. They were all in the closet, and Hanah was ripped from her human mom's arms. Someone did get a picture of her after the storm and someone in a dark truck came to pick her up. They are still trying to find her. Here is her Facebook page and here is the photo taken of her after the tornado:

Pushthruthepain
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:30 PM
I have a friend from there who died in the tornado.Her dog was found alive a mile away still stuck in his crate.Her roommate identified him and now her family has her dog.

Quoting momof2boy2girl:

After the tornado hit Joplin, one family has continued searching for Hanah, their white American Bulldog. They were all in the closet, and Hanah was ripped from her human mom's arms. Someone did get a picture of her after the storm and someone in a dark truck came to pick her up. They are still trying to find her. Here is her Facebook page and here is the photo taken of her after the tornado:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN