Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

RECIPES!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
Can any of you girls give me some healthy recipies? Please (: im new to marriage, home cooking, etc. I used to always have my mom cook dinner every night lol. Organic recipes are preferred, but anythi. Healthy, or even NOT all that healthy (ill figure out other ingredients) but please give me the recipe, and ingredients.

Please and thank u!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:23 AM

http://www.recipe.com/ is a great site, call your Mom for favorites recipes.  Get a slow cooker!

strangeyfine
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Yes slow cooker! They make everything easy and taste amazing!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:27 AM
I made this the other night and it was SOOO good! I made it with all organic ingredients, also. No, it's not the healthiest dish by any means, but it was delicious!

http://m.allrecipes.com/recipe/35440/enchiladas-suizas
jojo_382
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:27 AM
sparksrecipes.com health an yummy recipe here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hutersmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Lemon herb chicken

Ingredients
i used a roster pan with one of those racks that keeps it out of the drippings

this is a diet recipe low carb low fat and low cal if you like you can add potato's (i cant eat carbs now)

1 whole chicken
1 bushel of asparagus
1 bottle of lemon juice ( i use the one that looks like a lemon in the produce section) i used about 3/4ths of the bottle
Fresh poultry seasoning herbs
one chicken bullion (two cups water)
I use these to season
salt
pepper
adobo
sazon
Italian seasoning
garlic

directions
preheat oven to 350
chop herbs (leave a few sprigs of each herb whole)
make chicken bullion and and when fully dissolved add a half of the herbs and a few squeezes of lemon juice in to the bullion and let simmer 5 mins mean while season chicken to taste and put the whole sprigs of herbs inside with a little lemon juice when seasoning make sure you rub the chicken with lemon juice and the rest of the herbs get under the skin. pour the bullion mixture in to the roster pan baste the chicken and put some of the mixture in to the inside of the chicken cover with foil and place in oven make sure to baste every 25 - 30 mins half way through poke holes and infuse with drippings when the chicken is almost done place raw asparagus in to pan and cook for 20mins more i added one cup of water to drippings at this time and basted everything.

serve and enjoy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:27 AM

I make a meatball soup my family just loves! It has tons of veggies in it. One of the things I love about it is that not only is it healthy & delicious, it's also so versatile & can be changed up lots of ways, so we never get tired of it. Amounts of all ingredients depend of whether you're making a large pot to feed a crowd (or have leftovers) or a small pot for only a few people. You need enough broth to cover all other ingredients. If you are a vegetarian, or cooking for a vegetarian, you could use vegetable broth instead of chicken & omit the meatballs to make it a vegetable soup.

Ingredients:

Chicken broth (boil a chicken, can add carrots, celery, onion, spices till done, remove chicken & veggies. It doesn't need to have too strong a flavour as the meatballs cooking in it will add flavour)

Ground meat of choice (I've used beef, lamb, chicken, & turkey

seasonings or herbs of your choice (I use mint with beef, rosemary with lamb, & whatever strikes my fancy with chicken or turkey)

Bread crumbs (1/2 cup per lb of meat)

1 egg per lb of meat

Fresh veggies of choice (I use any combo of the following cabbage, carrots, celery, parsnips, rutabega, green beans, zucchini, yellow squash, sugar snap peas, spinach, corn, leeks, broccoli, cauliflower, just whatever I have on hand or looked good at the market & strikes my fancy)

Rice or pasta of your choice (brown rice or whole grain pasta for healthier options, but can use white rice or reg semolina pasta, if you prefer. I change up which I use based on my mood)

I sometimes add tomato, diced small

Cut veggies into bite size pieces. Mix ground meat, herbs/seasoning, bread crumbs, & eggs well. Form into meatballs. Was hands. Heat broth to boiling. Drop in meatballs, one at a time. Wash hands. Stir GENTLY (so as NOT to break the meatballs. Cook 10 minutes. if using rice add it in (or start it 5 minutes after adding meatballs to broth. Add veggies (reserve spinach, if using until the last 5 minutes of cooking time). Cook 5 minutes. If using pasta, either add to pot or start cooking pasta in separate pot (often if I'm planning for leftovers, I'll cook the pasta separetly & add some into each bowl as I serve the soup since pasta tends to keep absorbing liquid & get mushy overnight. 5 minutes before pasta will be done add spinach to soup (if using it). When pasta (or rice is done), check a meatball to ensure they're done & serve (as long as the meatballs are done). You can add some more of the same seasonings/herbs you used in  the meatballs when you add the veggies if you like. Also, if you cook the pasta seperately, you can hold off on cooking it (& adding the spinach) & simply cook the soup until the meatballs are done (about 25 minutes, or so, depending on size) & then cool it. Once cool enough, skim off the fat (my preferred method since it makes it lower in fat) & then reheat the soup, adding the spinach, you mainly want to wilt it down a bit & heat it up, so 5 minutes is plenty. Don't really reccomend the chill & skim method when you cook pasta in the soup as it does tend to absorb liquid & I find it doesn't taste as good. 

Hope this recipe makes sense. I created it myself & am pretty tired while trying to type it up for you. The mint in the beef version is a nod to my Mexican MIL's Albondigas & was only added in the last few months

Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 3:33 AM
1 mom liked this

You should try the Dinner Ideas group they might be able to give you recipes and such.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:17 AM

I love allrecipes.com I don't know how to make a clicky link =/

YES Slow cooker, they're amazing.

I still also really like my george foreman, too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 7, 2013 at 4:21 AM

And this everyone is why we should make sure that we teach our children how to run a house while we are pushing them to because rocket-brain-engineers.

You could try www.food.com hey have all sorts of recipes and a lot of them are pretty simple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:28 AM
My moms not helpful she says "just throw stuff together" :/ Thanks ill look into a slow cooker!

Quoting MixedCooke:

http://www.recipe.com/ is a great site, call your Mom for favorites recipes.  Get a slow cooker!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)