Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Divorce! Would you make it public on facebook?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I have two really good friend's that are going threw a nasy divorce. The husband is taking it public to facebook. Bashing her and her family. Talking about her wieght loss surgery and all the juicy details. Yes it is entertaining but Im trying not to choose sides. He is making himself look like a complete ass. So distasteful! What do you guys think? He has two boys as well.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I would not. 

MaNdYbEaR2010
by *Manda* on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM

That's just fucked up and childish/catty.

I did post that I was finally divorced on facebook, and happy. I never trash talked my ex like that though.

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I never understand people who feel the need to put EVERYTHING on Facebook. I don't want anyone to know all the details of my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM

When it was done and over I might make a status just saying divorced now or something simple. I would not make one with any details or slaming the other person. I think its tacky and low when people put stuff like your friend is doing on facebook.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:55 PM
I wouldn't go that far but I did post on fb the day my was finalized before the ink dried. My friends and family were very happy and supporting.
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
That's so fucked up! Wish he was my fb friend lol I love watching drama unfold on fb but unfortunately my friends are lame with happy marriages.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I would NEVER publicize anything like that. It bothers me when people talk about every fight they had with their SO,so I HATE when they tell the entire world about their divorce, even though it's really entertaining to read. That's not going to look good in court either. 

AllofFive19
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM

He's an idiot. My cousin bashes her baby's father all the time on facebook. I eventually disabled her posts from my wall, but I hear about her antics from others. She's an idiot as well.

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM

My facebook is a drama free zone.  I don't believe in taking family problems to facebook.

Bluerose1482
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I would change my status to single and probably state that I was divorced.  Certainly wouldn't air *our* dirty laundry so to speak. 

My husband is super private, so I couldn't see him doing it either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)