Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

"but you don't look black.....?"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
So we had a little girl at our house named "a". She was playing with my odd. Her mom was here to get her and A asked dd if she wanted to meet her mom. Well of course she did. So they met and dd just stood there kid of confuse. A's mom said "what is it" and dd says "but you don't look black" A is mixed and her mom I white and dad is black. Dd has been aroun plenty of biracial couples of all kinds but she basically met the whole family at once. So this threw her off. Once they explained that A's dad is black dd got it. Lol. That child. I wasn't standing right there and I'm glad A's mom handeled like she did.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Homeschoolmom99
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I get that all the time! I am the one in red without the cameraI also get are you his Birth mom? Um yes I am. Glad the other mom took it so well

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:17 AM
Me too. My dd just didn't understand. But once they told her about A's dad it clicked for her. And like I said we've been around plenty of families of all colors. So she's used to it. But A is pretty dark and her mom's very light.

We've never talked about any of this with dd because as far as I could tell she didn't even know a difference. I do come from a family that's not so accepting I many things. But I refuse to let my dd be subject to any hateful words. So we're not around them much. It was cute hearing her trying to figure it out. And I was proud that she wasn't too rude. A little blunt. But like I said she just needed that extra puzzle piece. Lol.

Oh and on a side note I'm very white. Like pale white. and I'm always running around with other peoples kids of all colors. I've been questioned a few times but sometimes I just claim them and move on. It's easier that way. Lol.

Quoting Homeschoolmom99:

I get that all the time! I am the one in red without the cameraI also get are you his Birth mom? Um yes I am. Glad the other mom took it so well

lendales_mommi
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:19 AM

LOL I am waiting for those days to come. My DS is half white half black but people say he looks hispanic or even SOMAON...LOL

Kids do say the darnest things:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 7, 2013 at 2:29 AM
1 mom liked this
My poor dd just didn't understand where A got so dark. Lol. But she's also 6 so...

My DH is 1/2 native American. Here in tx that obviously means he can speak Spanish right? Lol. Then when he tells people he doesn't speak Spanish they act like he's a traitor. It's funny.

Quoting lendales_mommi:

LOL I am waiting for those days to come. My DS is half white half black but people say he looks hispanic or even SOMAON...LOL

Kids do say the darnest things:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)