Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just to give you a little background - I gave birth to my son who was 9lbs 12 oz at birth. I will admit I gave him cereal in his bottles a little earlier to help him sleep at night. Now he is almost 6 months and we have started doing foods (fruits and veggies). My friend gave birth to her daughter whom was around 7 lbs. Both myself and friend are on the heavier side as it runs in our family- ( I'm working n losing mine btw) but my friend refuses to feed her daughter infant foods and cereals because she is afraid that her being a chubby baby will make her a chubby and over weight adult. I think that if you teach a healthy lifestyle then you wont have to worry about your child turning into an over weight adult. PLEASE ADD YOUR OPINION -CAUSE I THINK HER REASONING IS DUMB

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Replies (371-371):
audreesmama
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Lol did you get your info from a Cracker Jack box? It has been proven that early introduction to solids (anything besides breastmilk or formula, INCLUDING cereal), has a direct link to obesity and diabetes later in life.

Quoting newmommy2012144:

I wonder how many crazy people r in this world!! No matter how but ur frnd will b on top of that list. Its been clearly mentioned by the American ped group that don't under feed ur child during the first year of rapid growth,in fear of obesity. They need more fat than us. But if thr is ne concern talk to ur ped b4 keeping the poor fello hungry. This type of things make me sick!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN