Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

eh, how to drop a "new" friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
My dd has a friend in her class that they get along great. The few times I have met the mom out in town or at a school function she seemed nice. She offered to pick dd up for a school function and brought her home afterwards. We got to talking and I was really put off. She kept talking about all these pills she takes and getting high, talks about partying and getting drunk... Now I am regretting letting my dd in the car with her. She just isnt the type of friend I would like to have. But she seems to like me. How can I get rid of her without making her feel bad about her poor choices? Just ignore her calls and texts? HELP!! Lol
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Is it like, current partying? Or like "in the past when I partied" type of talk?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mybabyapples
by Nickels on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Be honest, now there's a bold thought.
damionsmama7195
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM

that's what i do when i don't like someone. Then, if she asks, just be honest, but nice about it. Let her know that you don'y agree with her lifestyle.

emilysmom8
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Just tell her the truth...
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Or you could be frank with her and tell her that you really don't think much of her judgement getting high and partying when she has the responsibility of a child.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Its a current lifestyle of popping pills... Multiple kinds all at once. Shes nice and funny but I just dont see us being friends... I dont do those things.
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I agree with everyone else, just be honest with her. 

robyann
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd just start avoiding her, it's not like your good friends and she deserves an explanation. Just stop letting her take your dd anywhere, and when you do run into her just be short and walk away. If she really wants to know why then tell her. It's ok if she doesn't like what you say, you don't want to be her friend anyway. 

New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM
I would just dodge her and if she asks about it just tell her you don't agree with that lifestyle.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I feel like it'd be better to tell her the truth than to ignore her..

"I'm sorry, but we don't agree on how best to enjoy our time without our kids.. I wish you the best."

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)