Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't do it without a nanny

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 270 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a very active 19 m old and I'm a single working mom.i am used to taking him to daycare from 7.45 to 3.30, mond to frid and a nanny comes home on tue and Thursday from 4 to 8 and sund from 2 to 6 m.

Last sund she told me that she could not come on tues anymore and I thought I was able to hande it all without her help.

i can't .

i m sick this week so it may not be the best time to evaluate this but I think I need help 3 times a week if I want a clean home, homemade meals, quality time, time at home to work and not get too stressed.

how do women do it without help?

EDIT

since people don't read responses, I am going to clarify certain things:

1) I should have used the word "maid" or helper instead of nanny. She cleans, does laundry, folds clothes, crosses the street to pick up a few groceries, organizes toys, recharges batteries, change batteries and yes, she would not  ignore my child if he wants to play but she is always around while I am home. she may change a diaper here and there or get sippy cups ready or clean high chair or help feeding him fruit after we ate dinner but she is not a "nanny" working alone

2) I took my son's first 14 months off to be with him.

3) I don't need to hear about moms that are going to school as well as unlike them, I planned on the baby after I had earned my MA and I was almost doone with my PhD

4)I don't judge SAHMs, you don't judge working moms

5) I leave the office to be home with my son but I still have to do work from home.

6) like most if you, I did have to suck it up and be a mom (whatever it means for everyone).for me, it means that I dont get my hair done twice a week, I dont get manicures and pedicures, I dont get a massage, I dont work out as much as I jused to, I dont travel as much as i used to, i dont have a different $100 bottle of perfume every month, I dont buy expensive make up, I don't hang out wiuth the same friends and etc etc...it is all about my son and i am happy but go and judge your own self

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM
10 moms liked this
We suck it up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM
26 moms liked this

zebbyzebby06
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Just one kid?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robyann
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM
4 moms liked this

Some moms don't have the option of help, so they have no choice but to do the best they can. 

I'd say with you being sick it just makes it all more overwhelming for you. Since you are used to having help suddenly not having it will be tough at first, but you will adjust and be just fine. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM
2 moms liked this
Lmfao! Your joking right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM
5 moms liked this
Hahaha! Pussy
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes you do it because you have no other choice. Good luck! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM
4 moms liked this
Omg I have 3 kids. I used to work 43 hours a week...overnight. Get home at 7am and stay up all damn day with the kids while dh worked. Suck it up and be a mom. If you can't handle it, don't have kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

If I was used to having help I'd probably think the same! Just know you're luckey to have the help you do!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)