Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't do it without a nanny

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a very active 19 m old and I'm a single working mom.i am used to taking him to daycare from 7.45 to 3.30, mond to frid and a nanny comes home on tue and Thursday from 4 to 8 and sund from 2 to 6 m.

Last sund she told me that she could not come on tues anymore and I thought I was able to hande it all without her help.

i can't .

i m sick this week so it may not be the best time to evaluate this but I think I need help 3 times a week if I want a clean home, homemade meals, quality time, time at home to work and not get too stressed.

how do women do it without help?

EDIT

since people don't read responses, I am going to clarify certain things:

1) I should have used the word "maid" or helper instead of nanny. She cleans, does laundry, folds clothes, crosses the street to pick up a few groceries, organizes toys, recharges batteries, change batteries and yes, she would not  ignore my child if he wants to play but she is always around while I am home. she may change a diaper here and there or get sippy cups ready or clean high chair or help feeding him fruit after we ate dinner but she is not a "nanny" working alone

2) I took my son's first 14 months off to be with him.

3) I don't need to hear about moms that are going to school as well as unlike them, I planned on the baby after I had earned my MA and I was almost doone with my PhD

4)I don't judge SAHMs, you don't judge working moms

5) I leave the office to be home with my son but I still have to do work from home.

6) like most if you, I did have to suck it up and be a mom (whatever it means for everyone).for me, it means that I dont get my hair done twice a week, I dont get manicures and pedicures, I dont get a massage, I dont work out as much as I jused to, I dont travel as much as i used to, i dont have a different $100 bottle of perfume every month, I dont buy expensive make up, I don't hang out wiuth the same friends and etc etc...it is all about my son and i am happy but go and judge your own self

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (11-20):
brebugmom91
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Most of us don't have the option. That's how. 

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM

We grow a metaphorical pair of balls and do what we must. I'm a SAHM, but my mother wasn't and she took care of three kids while working a full time job. Our grandparents would watch us while we worked. She didn't have a nanny or take us to day care. She would pick us up after work and we would go home. Even when she was at her sickest she would get up and play with us, clean house, help us with homework. 

ChevronOwls
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Ummmm....welll.....what is it you find so hard? I can't imagine a 19 month old being hard. 

We have someone who helps out in the afternoon because that's when ds gets out of school, starts on homework, dd has to go to dance, ds has to go to soccer, dinner has to be started..yeah my day goes from relaxed to a chaotic mess starting at 3 lol. But I just don't understand what could be so hard about taking care of a baby from 3:30 to the time he goes to bed.

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Fuck. I want a nanny.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

So between daycare & a nanny when are you being a parent?

You can't do it bc you aren't a parent; it is being done for you!

lovemyhoney19
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg you can't be serious! If I gave you a run down of my days you would cry but yet I do it all with a smile why? Because my kids deserve the best of me. Get yourself on a schedule if possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Lmao
jacandjay
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM
Are you kidding?! I went to school and worked with a toddler and a newborn..... i didnt have a f@kn nanny... i barely got any sleep but thats what your suppose to do when you become a mother, you suck it up and yoh keep going....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mcelly
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I couldn't do it without a nanny either and a housekeeper.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nynnie
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM
U gotta deal with it. Woman up, it's stressful, and the house won't always be spotless. See if ur baby is interested in helping clean and stuff, mine was then. He threw the clothes in the drier and picks up his toys, at first with toys and sweeping they make it into more of a mess, but they learn. U had a kid u got to accept and adapt. It's not that hard and it's very rewarding. Oh, u haven't really even hit terrible twos yet, lol ur doomed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)