Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't do it without a nanny

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a very active 19 m old and I'm a single working mom.i am used to taking him to daycare from 7.45 to 3.30, mond to frid and a nanny comes home on tue and Thursday from 4 to 8 and sund from 2 to 6 m.

Last sund she told me that she could not come on tues anymore and I thought I was able to hande it all without her help.

i can't .

i m sick this week so it may not be the best time to evaluate this but I think I need help 3 times a week if I want a clean home, homemade meals, quality time, time at home to work and not get too stressed.

how do women do it without help?

EDIT

since people don't read responses, I am going to clarify certain things:

1) I should have used the word "maid" or helper instead of nanny. She cleans, does laundry, folds clothes, crosses the street to pick up a few groceries, organizes toys, recharges batteries, change batteries and yes, she would not  ignore my child if he wants to play but she is always around while I am home. she may change a diaper here and there or get sippy cups ready or clean high chair or help feeding him fruit after we ate dinner but she is not a "nanny" working alone

2) I took my son's first 14 months off to be with him.

3) I don't need to hear about moms that are going to school as well as unlike them, I planned on the baby after I had earned my MA and I was almost doone with my PhD

4)I don't judge SAHMs, you don't judge working moms

5) I leave the office to be home with my son but I still have to do work from home.

6) like most if you, I did have to suck it up and be a mom (whatever it means for everyone).for me, it means that I dont get my hair done twice a week, I dont get manicures and pedicures, I dont get a massage, I dont work out as much as I jused to, I dont travel as much as i used to, i dont have a different $100 bottle of perfume every month, I dont buy expensive make up, I don't hang out wiuth the same friends and etc etc...it is all about my son and i am happy but go and judge your own self

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Replies (241-250):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Yes. He couldn't handle the stress of the kids anymore and so it was a mutual break. Some people are not able to and I cannot hold that against him.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you had four kids in five years with the same man and are now single?

Beds was an auto-correct. I got what you said.

Quoting Anonymous:

Special beds? I didn't say special beds.

They have the same dad. Why does that matter?

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a single mom to 4 children with special beds, under the age of 5? Wow! No words... Just a question. How many fathers?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a single mom to 4 kids 5 and under. They go to my sisters from 7:30 to 4:30, but I make ALL of their meals for them at my home and she just feeds it to them. They also all have special needs. It can be done. It takes strength. You can do it.

Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM
LMAO

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I had 7 kids and worked full time.............

Betty Boop Lets go to the disco.    Betty Jean Newell Smith

Alyia72
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Seriously?? just one kid??? I do it everyday with no help with four kids, 8 year old with special needs who is homeschooled by me...and 21 month old triplets one of which is a tornado on two legs... I cant even imagine needing help with just one kid....My hubby works pretty much everyday 12hr+ were lucky to see him on weekends but thats rare, so its all me every day with no help.  Sorry I just cant see the need for help with one kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:16 PM

HAHAHA only 1 kid!!! Sad I do all of that plus more with 4 kids, and I'm a single mom just like you! What I wouldn't give to  have some raise my kid for me so I could do my school work in peace, go to work and not have to worry about them, plus have someone doing all the damn housework for me. Please!! Suck it up, time to be a big girl!

Bluerose1482
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:17 PM

If you need someone 3 days a week, and she can't work 3 days a week, find someone who can.  Start them in the Tuesday slot and if it works out let them take over the whole week.

Snivs
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:18 PM

2) I took my son's first 14 months off to be with him.

That's good, since now he is all grown up *eyeroll* 

You are ridiculous and I wonder why you even 'decided' to be a 'mother'

OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I'm sorry but this all made me laugh really hard. You don't want to hear about women who are doing more than you in life without a nanny. Does it make you feel shitty knowing that there's single mothers, going to school, and working while taking care of their shit at home?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM
So he was "man enough" to make 4 kids in 5 years, and then isn't man enough to "handle the stress" of his own kids. And you don't hold that against him??

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes. He couldn't handle the stress of the kids anymore and so it was a mutual break. Some people are not able to and I cannot hold that against him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You're a single mom to 4 children with special beds, under the age of 5? Wow! No words... Just a question. How many fathers?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a single mom to 4 kids 5 and under. They go to my sisters from 7:30 to 4:30, but I make ALL of their meals for them at my home and she just feeds it to them. They also all have special needs. It can be done. It takes strength. You can do it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:08 PM
He was man enough to recognize he cannot handle them all together. He visits them and comes to see them. When he has his mom, dad and brothers he takes all of the kids and they have a fun day. It is not his fault that all of our kids have issues and I cannot hold that against him. The stress can be terribly high at times and he is a man. I have never met a man who would be able to handle such stress as this on a constant basis and not loose himself.

Quoting Anonymous:

So he was "man enough" to make 4 kids in 5 years, and then isn't man enough to "handle the stress" of his own kids. And you don't hold that against him??

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN